iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Good idea IMO. It works for me.

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, June 10, 2013, 10:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

For those of you that use the foam brush on different projects, when they wear out, don't through them away.
The handles make great 1/2" dow sticks for plugging screw holes.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Warbird

clww

That's a great idea, David. :)

They also make good perches on a bird house, too. ;)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Lud

David, David, David.....................

Get yourself some plug cutters and make your plugs out of the same stock your working with.  The plugs disappear......if you take the time to line up the grain!

I do have the "keep it, you might find a use for it" gene,  but not for old brush handles...besides the handle is critical for the 30' hatchet toss at the waste barrel! ;D ;D
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I have plug cutter Lud and actually use them a lot. But sometimes I will use different species of plugs in a different species of bench slab. Gives it good character. And then a lot of times I plug with the same species.

I like to use the old brush handles for plugs when the wooden wheels on my Dad's mule wagon goes flat.  :D

Dave Shepard

Who says you have to wait until the brush is worn out? You just might have to choke up on the handle a bit if you take to many plugs off of it. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Dave Shepard on June 10, 2013, 08:26:04 PM
Who says you have to wait until the brush is worn out? You just might have to choke up on the handle a bit if you take to many plugs off of it. :D

:D :D :D That's true Dave, never thought of that. Just have to do what cha gotta do.

Ocklawahaboy

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on June 10, 2013, 06:03:39 PM

I like to use the old brush handles for plugs when the wooden wheels on my Dad's mule wagon goes flat.  :D

Could use use the whole handle to replace the valve stem if it starts leaking?

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Ocklawahaboy on June 11, 2013, 11:33:03 AM
Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on June 10, 2013, 06:03:39 PM

Could use use the whole handle to replace the valve stem if it starts leaking?

:D :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!