iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It is easier to write when you are dreaming...

Started by crtreedude, February 07, 2008, 04:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crtreedude

Hi folks,

I don't write much as some of you might have noticed (perhaps with relief? :D ) now a days. I guess when you are figuring and a dreaming, it is easier to post a lot, but when you hit full production, boy do you get busy!

Our Baker sawmill has been working very well - Well on its way to pay for itself. This last year not only did we buy the Baker, we also built a furniture / shop and outfitted with machinary and people.

The woodshop is booked solid all the time. North American furniture for Tico prices is really going well, and we turn a decent profit at it based on volume. We have 5 full-time people in the shop cranking out doors, cabinets, molding, spindles, pretty much you name it, they build it.

Now we are building a kiln - dehumidifier style I think (whatever they are called).

Finca Leola sure has grown over the last 5+ years. We are now 30 employees - we have construction crews, full-time mechanic, full-time electrician plumber, and of course the crews for the plantations, the nursery and a couple of people just for livestock.

Sometimes I wonder what business we really are in!  :D

Anyway, just letting everyone know we are alive and well.
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Warbird

Glad to hear you are well.  Congrats on the wood shop, it sounds awesome.

Robert Long

Send pictures of your operation!

We'd love to see them!

Robert

logwalker

How can you make a tantalizing post like that and NOT INCLUDE PICTURES !!!
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

crtreedude

Dear me - I see I have forgotten the most basic of rules - must post pictures!

Honest, I will get to it quickly I hope.

leweee

FRED.....you know pics are a (pre...Wreck ..was it) with this post. ;D
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

SwampDonkey

Glad to here everything is well down there.

Did I mention it was cold and white up here? Tends to bring things to a halt. ;D

3 more months and we'll be whacking bushes again.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

crtreedude

Okay - photos on their way. This is a lathe we got from Grizzley that we are using to make spindles - The lathe is kept turn pretty much all the time. You will see a copier attachment. The experienced worker makes the first one - and then an apprentice copies.

crtreedude

One thing that we make as well is carvings, these are done by our head of construction

crtreedude

Doors are a big item for us - both full size and cabinet. Full size goes for 200 dollars, cabinet doors go for 24 dollars each.

and finished

logwalker

Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

Roxie

Is that an armadillo on that table of carvings?  How much do ya want for that? 
Say when

Robert Long

Nice pics!

Is your work shop in the open air?  Out here that machinery would be rusty in one week!

Keep the pics comming 8)

Robert

scgargoyle

Soooo- how do I get some of those doors delivered to FL?
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

Mooseherder

I'd like to purchase a Turtle Carving and maybe one of those masks. ;)

crtreedude

Quote from: Roxie on February 08, 2008, 02:10:31 PM
Is that an armadillo on that table of carvings?  How much do ya want for that? 

Nope - Amy bought it for me for my birthday that is coming up - it is on my shelf now. It really is pretty.

crtreedude

By the way, I am hoping soon to have a distributor in Florida - then you all can buy things - but not my Armidillo! But I am sure that we can make another. ;)

The turtle was bought by the distributor - it might not be obvious, but the turtle was made of the roots of a palm tree - the circles are where the roots were.

Also, the mask is from a type of palm here that is very hard. Interesting stuff for sure.

leweee

Thanks for the pics . ;D
Good to see you are well on your way in the furniture business. 8)
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Thank You Sponsors!