iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new irish guy looking for advice

Started by seamielog, August 17, 2012, 07:03:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okrafarmer

Quote from: seamielog on August 24, 2012, 01:19:02 PM
nice one okra, you need a sense of humour for this job !!!

8)
That's why they keep me around!  :D
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

seamielog

hey guys just an update, Ive been in contact with a kiwi contractor since and things look very promising. I wont say too much about it yet in case I jinx it. ill keep ye posted thanks for all the help
Need change of scenery, new country i think

Okrafarmer

Sounds good, Seamie, I hope it works out well for you! Give us an update when you know for sure. Don't say more now, or the luck of the Irish might not be enough to keep you from jinxing it.  ;)
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Roberta

Hi everyone. There are many opportunities in Western Canada, specifically Alberta, for Waratah processor operators, as well as other forestry related heavy equipment.  Due to the shortage in most sectors of the workforce, there has been some changes recently to the regulations for foreign workers entering Canada.  We are a major forestry contracting company in Alberta, and are more than willing to explore these opportunites for experienced and dedicated operators.  Please feel free to email me at roberta@zellindustries.com.

seamielog

hey guys its been a while, just a quick update, ive got a good job offer in NZ to start july 1st. My visa application went in on monday so I should know the outcome in 4 weeks. fingers crossed

Ianab

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

irishpat

ah th best of luck . Im sure you'll find somewhere good for your change of life.you know you sound s though your a good worker so your 90percent thre my man.   pat louth.Bestof luck .

Okrafarmer

Welcome to the Forum, irishpat! I didn't know there was anyone in Ireland named Pat!  :D  :D  :D Only joking.  ;D I hope you find this Forum a friendly and helpful place to spend time. What's your connection to forestry? What do you do?  :)

seamielog

Thanks lads nice to meet ya Pat, I was startin to think I was the only Irish guy on here. Ill let ye know how i get on soon

JohnM

Change of scenery indeed!  Ireland to NZ is a haul.  Congrats and good luck!  Well I guess you already got 'the luck'. ;)  My grandfather was from County Cork, he never did bother with one of those troublesome visas when he came over. ;D :D

Maybe I should be able to figure this out, but I can't (read: Google didn't help :().  How do you pronounce 'Seamie'?  Shay-may?  I say I should be able to figure it because my oldest sons name is Seamus. :-[

Welcome to the FF, irishpat.

JM
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

seamielog

Okrafarmer

Seamie, I hope everything goes well for you! Seems to me, the adventure you look forward to having could be worthy of a new folk song!  :laugh:  ;D
8) 8) 8)

Thank You Sponsors!