iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodmaster Planer/Molders

Started by WLC, November 20, 2018, 04:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WLC

Just a heads up for anyone thinking about getting a new Woodmaster Planer/Molder.  They are having a "black Friday" sale till the 26th of Nov.  All three models are discounted with the 718 being the best discount of $550 off.  Been wanting one for a while and am planning on pulling the trigger before the sale is over.
Woodmizer LT28
Branson 4wd tractor
Stihl chainsaws
Elbow grease.

Southside

I have a 725 - they build a good machine.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

pineywoods

I have a 718 and access to a 725 and a 712 withe 2 sided moulder option. Good well designed machines. No small item, support is excellent.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

EarlyAchres

Nice, I still can't afford a new one so I'm going to look at a used one tomorrow. I know, it's T day but we aren't sitting down until later. I need to take my trailer so I hope it is in decent shape and I'm not wasting my time. The guy says I can run a few boards through it so at least it is operating.

EarlyAchres

I took a look at that used one today and it was a pile of crap. It needed everything...rollers, chains, bearings, knives, more than I want to spend on parts (and time to do the work). I think those B Friday sales are looking a lot better now.....

WLC

Well, took the plunge and pulled the trigger on a new 718 with propack and spiral head planer this morning.  Jake at WM told me that they had sold about 25 machines over the long weekend due to the sale.  About a three week wait until mine is out the door and on its way to the frozen north. Really looking forward to making shavings with it. 
Woodmizer LT28
Branson 4wd tractor
Stihl chainsaws
Elbow grease.

samandothers

WLC congratulations on your purchase decision.  It will be a long 3 weeks, but quicker than waiting for Christmas!  ;D

Look forward to your feedback on the unit.  What type planer do you have now?

WLC

Thanks.  Really looking forward to it.  Really interested in the molding cababilities as well. Planning on building a house in the next couple of years and plan on running all the  flooring, trim etc on it.  Would have loved to get the three sided attachment, but the piggy bank was really squealing just with what I got.  Maybe one day I can add it on.

Current planer is just a 12 inch lunchbox planer from Home Depot.  It has worked for what I do for a number of years, but its time to upgrade to a better machine.
Woodmizer LT28
Branson 4wd tractor
Stihl chainsaws
Elbow grease.

pineywoods

I have 2 of the molding heads for my 718. I keep both of them mounted on the aux shaft with the most-used knives already installed.
Quick and easy swap to remove the planer head and install the aux shaft. Don't forget, one of the bolts holding the planer head has left-hand threads..
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

alan gage

I picked up a used 718 with pro pack over the summer and then upgraded it to the spiral head. I didn't think I'd really have a use for the pro pack but I decided to do my own ash flooring (square edged) and it sure was nice to use it as a gang rip saw. It was tedious enough on the Woodmizer but I can't imagine doing all that on a table saw.

I had a 12" lunchbox planer before as well and can't believe how nice it is to put rough lumber through the Woodmaster and get rid of all the saw marks in one pass. Hated doing rough lumber on the lunchbox.

Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

sawwood

We found a older 12" Woodmaster to day for $500 and it has all the extras.Going to pick it up
tomorrow. Will post some photos of it in our shop along with our 18" and Delta unisaw..

Lester
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

sawwood

Here is the photos of our 12" Woodmaster we bought last week. Needs some new feed rollers and a new power cord.

Sawwood

Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

WLC

Nice looking machine!!  How old is it? just curious due to paint color.

Got a copy of my order in the mail today...  Probably looking at somewhere around Christmas for delivery.  Just glad it wasn't in the state last Friday when we had that big earthquake.  Would've been my luck that something would have fallen on it and crushed it.  
Woodmizer LT28
Branson 4wd tractor
Stihl chainsaws
Elbow grease.

Thank You Sponsors!