iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Roast Beef

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, November 08, 2015, 11:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I always go to Publix early on Sunday mornings to stock up for the week.

If you ever get a chance, try their Bourbon Roast Beef. Its already cooked and ready to eat.
This stuff will met in your mouth and has the Bourbon flavor. Gosh its good!  food6 food6 food6
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

fishpharmer

Man I wish we had a Publix nearby.  Sounds great!
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

beenthere

Must be a local store.  ??
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

fishpharmer

Quote from: beenthere on November 08, 2015, 12:54:31 PM
Must be a local store.  ??

Looks like they are in most of South East.  Except MS :D

http://store.publix.com/publix/
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Raider Bill

Check with Mooseherder. He just retired from there after 100 years in the meat dept :D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Mooseherder

Yup, worked for them the last 30 years and retired last June. :)
It was a great run but it was time for my next chapter after having been in the business since I was 14.
We entered the North Carolina market about a year ago and it's been a hit. 
There was a couple hundred stores when I started.  Now there is over 1100.
I think Kentucky, Virginia, Mississippi and Texas are on the Radar for future growth.

Poston, Did you mean the Boars Head Londonport Roast Beef from the Deli?

DanG

My first ex-wife's father was a Lakeland, Fl. native and worked in Alfred Jenkin's original store as a kid.  After the big war, he returned and became assistant manager.  When Jenkins opened a second store, he was offered the job of manager, but had decided to go back into the military for a career.  The stores eventually became Publix.  So began a lifetime of poor decisions.   :-\
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Mooseherder

George Jenkins is my Hero.  A real visionary.  I have a couple of pictures with him at openings.
One of them, He is standing behind Me, My Wife and Kids while I was speaking.  One of my favorite moments.
I also rescued a Portrait of him from a Store that was being bulldozed for a replacement Store. :)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Mooseherder on November 09, 2015, 02:21:38 PM

Poston, Did you mean the Boars Head Londonport Roast Beef from the Deli?

Why yes Moose, yes I did.  :D That beef will melt in your mouth and the flavor? Out of this world!

Mooseherder

It's made with Port Wine. :D

Sir, Would you like a mix with your Bourbon?
Why Yes.  Do you have any Beef?  I think I want to have some Beef with my Bourbon. ;D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Mooseherder on November 09, 2015, 03:05:20 PM
It's made with Port Wine. :D

Sir, Would you like a mix with your Bourbon?
Why Yes.  Do you have any Beef?  I think I want to have some Beef with my Bourbon. ;D

You are killing me!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mooseherder

You Put da Lime inda Coconut or Crash a chocolate Bar into a Jar of Peanut Butter and Wham you got something everybody wants. :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Mooseherder on November 09, 2015, 07:04:20 PM
You Put da Lime inda Coconut or Crash a chocolate Bar into a Jar of Peanut Butter and Wham you got something everybody wants. :D

You are exactly right.  :)

Bruno of NH

My brother is a meat cutter
Has been one for 38 years
A meat manager for 28 it's a good trade .
He works for Hannaford markets
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Mooseherder

I also worked at Hannaford when I lived in Maine.
They had bought out Sampson's SuperMarkets up north while expanding.
Mr. Sampson had buried/encased a Corvette while building a new Store because his wife didn't want it.

edit:
I found out where the car went.
https://www.mecum.com/lot-detail/FL0114-174306/0/1954-Chevrolet-Corvette-Roadster/Automatic/

Bruno of NH

My first job at 15 ( not in the family business ) was cleaning the meat room and wrapping at the local P&C super market .
Loved that job worked it till I started my own carpentry business at 18
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

thecfarm

Mooseherder,that was my first job bagging groceries at Sampson's. That would of been 79'-'80.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

scgargoyle

I bought some today for lunch. Every bit as good as advertised, but the price will git ya. I think the sample slice she gave me would have been about a buck.  :D I put 1/3 lb of it on some bakery rye bread with some horseradish cheddar.
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: scgargoyle on November 13, 2015, 02:16:02 PM
I bought some today for lunch. Every bit as good as advertised, but the price will git ya. I think the sample slice she gave me would have been about a buck.  :D I put 1/3 lb of it on some bakery rye bread with some horseradish cheddar.

I'll bet thats was good.  :)

Thank You Sponsors!