iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

346xp help

Started by Whiplash1, April 06, 2019, 08:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whiplash1

Did a carb swap on my 03 346, decided to try the 357xp carb. Everything fit like a glove and saw does real well, problem is when I tilt saw left and put pressure on the bar the saw starts reving to the point i could cut through a *DanG log. Lines and boots are all new with steel clamp. Sound like new bearings and seal time??

dougand3

If lines and boot are new and good, I'd say crank seals are suspicious. Bearings may be good but you may want to replace. Try spraying a flammable behind clutch and flywheel.
Husky: 372xt, 272xp, 61, 55 (x3)...Poulan: 315, 4218 (x3), 2375, 2150, 2055, 2000 (x3)...Stihl 011AVT...Homelite XL...Saws come in broken, get fixed or parted, find new homes

Old Greenhorn

Did you do a 'dump test' on this? Hold the saw flat and let it idle and warm up, then without touching anything, just drop the tip of the bar down 90 degrees (tip the saw forward) and see if it accelerates. If it does, you need to adjust the carb. If it doesn't, you may have another issue. If the low speed is set too high, it allows the carb to get too much fuel when it is idling, when you 'dump' it, the thing accelerates. I don't think this is your issue based on your description, but I mention it because it is a simple test. If @weimedog weighed in here, I bet he could add some light to the subject.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Whiplash1

Made a little progress, put original carb back on and issue went away. Then back to 357 carb and issue is better but still there when I drop the bar against the wood, just a quick rev when it hits. But no more rev when pressing the side of the bar against wood.. everything but carb is new.. any ideas?

Thank You Sponsors!