iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Best advice on winter logging

Started by concretecutter, January 21, 2024, 09:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firewoodjoe

Oh I'm sure. But if it's not pushed on the stem when it don't fit and if it's shimmed when needed or lined bored will stop most of that. If they're abused or sloppy they will bust up fast. I've broke one walking arm pin. Still has the original 3/4. I've shimmed mine once to maintain the 1/8" gap.

Resonator

Don't get into snow plowing unless you're ready to replace tie rods, ball joints, axles seals, alternators, batteries, rockers, cab corners, fenders, and wheel arches on your truck (And your gas tank will ALWAYS need filling).  :D 24 years of plowing experience has taught me this.
The guys I've known that do plowing as a business successfully, have large commercial retail accounts under contract that they do. But then they have to have all the equipment, manpower, and insurance to do those jobs. Often running all night, in a blizzard, no matter what, so the businesses can open.

If I had some "Venture Capital", I would be looking at small wooded lots for sale. Buy the land, clear it, sell all the timber, put in a nice driveway and re-sell it as a house lot.
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

mike_belben

Land subdivision is probably the biggest easiest markup i have ever seen in my life.  We are in a big bubble here thats nosing over. 
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!