iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Here's a video for some of you ol' timers

Started by Coon, October 20, 2011, 02:45:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coon

Just thought I would link this video for some of you ol' timers.  Kinda figured it might bring back some memories and the tune isn't half bad either.   ;)  ;D 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TujwLloI1TY&feature=feedrec_grec_index

Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Woodchuck53

Thank you Coon. Enjoyed it. Thank goodness I want ever have to use one of them. Chuck
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

breederman

Thanks coon.
I was just telling my dad about  a collection of old saws I saw at the county fair last summer,and he said " I don't know what happened to that old maul that we had on the farm but I think the blade would turn for felling. I remember that old saw it seemed like it had cutters as big as the end of my finger! I also remember once when I wasn't too awfull big that he got it running and we bucked a little firewood with it my job was to hold the handle on the end. :o I wish he had a computer so I could show him that vid.
Together we got this !

DaveP

Great video.  Used one of those 2 man Diston saw for years.  I think the model was DA211.  Had a 2 man Mall before that.  I think that was a 7H.  Great big thing and heavy.

Texas Ranger

Used one of the two man Distons for maybe a day back in the '60's.  I have had some bad days in my life, but I think that day stands out as one I did not repeat, nor do I ever want too.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

pineywoods

I never used one, but I spent a lot of time working on them cantankerous beasts. We ran them on a 20 to 1 mix of 30 wt motor oil and gasoline. Took a good man on the power head end and he better be tolerant to two stroke smoke. But they sure beat a two man crosscut aka misery whip.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

chet

Great video!    8)

I've ran 3 of da ole 2 manners. A Mac, an  Evanrude, and a Mercury. Also run 2 of da ole 1 manners in da picture. Make dat 3 if ya count da  Wright Reciprocater of Jeffs we got running.  :)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

JV

I have an old Mac 99 with two bars that had been stored for years in an old barn.  I want to restore it when time allows.  I was on the scary end a couple of times in my younger days and decided I didn't want any more.  That chain zipping along a few inches from my hand wasn't appealing. 
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

pigman

I got a picture of Chet using the Wright Reciprocater at the pig roast a few years back. The picture was blurry for some reason. ;)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Autocar

We cut some big red oak one time with a two man homelite or a McCullough don't remember any more but what I remember the fellow on the handle was the desiding factor on how the whole project went  ;D
Bill

Coon

I have got one of those big ol' Homelite saws that is in one of the pictures.  I believe the saw is seized but would love to get it going at some point.  I will bring it home from the farm when I go out there this weekend if I remember.  I want to clean the old beast up for atleast show.   ;)

Here's another one for you all seeing as you like his videos.  I am going to message him and ask him to join in the forum as he knows alot of the B.C. Logging History.   ;D  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms7YAjtO_5Q&feature=related

Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

mad murdock

Quote from: pigman on October 20, 2011, 01:12:12 PM
I got a picture of Chet using the Wright Reciprocater at the pig roast a few years back. The picture was blurry for some reason. ;)
Meby Chet was movin' too fast or sumpin?  Thanks coon for the vid!  I never had the distinct pleasure of runnin one o dem beasts, but I know what it's like to be on the operaters end of a misery whip.  Tuned up and sharpened proper, dem old crosscuts could throw some chips too.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Thank You Sponsors!