iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ton to Doyle Scale?

Started by dad2nine, November 25, 2007, 11:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeepcj779

Well, a pulley is a simple machine...anyway, don't forget to shore up under the sides of your buddy's 20K trailer. I suspect a 20K trailer can carry about 15K of payload, and it may not appreciate having that 15K rolling up all on one side. I would be interested to know how the F450 handles the load - I just bought one a couple months ago. Have fun and good luck.

Jcald327

Definitely will, hoping to have it moved in the next 2 weeks, we are waiting through 2-3 days of rain, 1 clear day, 2-3 days of rain etc these days. 
Truck in question is a 2013 f450 with like a 7500 pound payload.  Hes tipped the scales in the mid to to high 30s before, absolutely sure the truck will handle roughly 45k gross combined.

For the brains on here, how do you go about rating older vehichles that have a gross combined rating from the factory.  Specifically asking about a an 81 c60 with a gvw of 26k, I've seen them rated at almost 45k but this is forum scuttlebutt, not DOT info.  Everything I've read says if cross 26k I need a cdl, but can I say put 14 in the bed (putting it at 26k) and tow another 12 if I get the cdl?
Lucas 8-27 w/ slabber
Husqvarna 395xp 32, 42 inch
Rancher 455 24 inch
Stihl 271 20 inch
Grandberg 66 alaska mill
Lowrider cnc 4x8 capacity
Logrite mega 78 and 60

SawyerTed

Go to your state's CDL Handbook.  It will have a flow chart that will answer your question.  That flow chart is a federally designed flow chart that most states have adopted. I went through all of this about a year ago.  Registering the license tag weight is another piece of the puzzle.  So is the DOT number.

A Gross Vehicle Weight Rating is basically the weight rating of the loaded truck.  If it is above 26,000 a CDL is required.  A truck GVRW over 26,000 and a trailer GVRW over 10,000 requires a Class A CDL.

Edit - from what I can tell the GVWR for a 1981 C60 is 24,000. GCRW is 45,000.  According to the flow chart, you start with GCWR - If the combined weight is 26,001 or over AND the trailer is rated at 10,001 or more, a class A is required.  Even if the truck is under 26,001, if the trailer puts the combined over 26,001 and the trailer is over 10,000 the Class A CDL is required.

Again get the CDL manual for your state.  The chances of one of us explaining the regulations and how they apply to you accurately aren't very good.  Explaining to a highway patrolman or a weigh station officer that "a guy on the internet told me" won't turn out well!
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

stavebuyer

Quote from: Jcald327 on February 05, 2020, 07:55:04 AM
Definitely will, hoping to have it moved in the next 2 weeks, we are waiting through 2-3 days of rain, 1 clear day, 2-3 days of rain etc these days.
Truck in question is a 2013 f450 with like a 7500 pound payload.  Hes tipped the scales in the mid to to high 30s before, absolutely sure the truck will handle roughly 45k gross combined.

For the brains on here, how do you go about rating older vehichles that have a gross combined rating from the factory.  Specifically asking about a an 81 c60 with a gvw of 26k, I've seen them rated at almost 45k but this is forum scuttlebutt, not DOT info.  Everything I've read says if cross 26k I need a cdl, but can I say put 14 in the bed (putting it at 26k) and tow another 12 if I get the cdl?
My experience is the 26,000# is about all the weight I would want with a C60. Move your equipment pulling a trailer or loading the bed to capacity. You won't pull much of hill if you try and do both at the same time.

Jcald327

I had seen the gvwr at 26k, but I couldn't find the gcwr, so thanks for that.  I've dug through the flowcharts and concur, tenneessee appears to nearly follow the fed regulations.  I almost bought a brand new diesel this week, and decided the c60 will keep me out of cdl land for awhile, while still allowing me to move just about (but not quiet) what my truck and fully loaded trailer would weigh combined, all without a cdl. 

Thanks FF, once again ;)
Lucas 8-27 w/ slabber
Husqvarna 395xp 32, 42 inch
Rancher 455 24 inch
Stihl 271 20 inch
Grandberg 66 alaska mill
Lowrider cnc 4x8 capacity
Logrite mega 78 and 60

Banjo picker

Thanks for that app Tom.  Do you have the fee one or pay the $2.99 for the pro version.  I just got the free one....wondering what advantages the other one has.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Tom the Sawyer

I bought the Pro version, it is well worth the money.  I'm not sure of all the differences, but it does let you keep multiple tallies on it, also lets you export the tallies by email or text.  I've had the Pro version so long I don't remember what the free versions limitations were.
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

Thank You Sponsors!