iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Official 2010 Forestry Forum RSVP Thread.

Started by asy, May 29, 2010, 03:35:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

Jill and I will be pullin' out in the morning. I thought we were going around the top, but Jill has to stop at Furby's to pick up some plants so look out Chicago we're flyin' through!  ;D ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

pigman

Quote from: DR_Buck on August 03, 2010, 11:17:36 PM
Looks like no matter which way we come there is some single lane closures according to the MI DOT map.  :'(     We'll most likely come up 23 to 10.
We just came up 23 and 75 to Bay City with no trouble . There are still 3 lanes north. We won't be going on to Harrison till Friday afternoon.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Raider Bill

Well I made it to Cinc for the night. :) :)

Lost my riding partener just shy of the Tenn/Kentucky border with a tranny leak. He turned around and went back.
I'll be headed out of here in the morning headed your way. 8)
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Mooseherder

Gimmie 3 steps and mister you'll never see-a me no more.
While they wasn't lookin' we made an early parole. ;D
Just south of Gainesville on I-75.
The temp here is only 97 degrees.

Mooseherder

Raider Bill

Ah Cruise control!

My friends got a nice fat rib eye on the fire with my name on it here.

Dan_Shade

I'm in youngstown, oh.  I rode through a pretty bad downpour near Pittsburgh, but decided to wait until it was over to put on my rain gear.

Cruise control is awesome...  never knew why anybody would want it on a bike until today.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Raider Bill

I always thought the thum screw cruise method was good til I got this new fangled eelectronic gizmo. Gives my throttle hand a rest.

Weekend_Sawyer

Ah, geeze, you guys are killing me. Bike is packed in the garadge. I told the boss I have to take off at noon tomorrow so I can get a jump on the ride.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

asy

I'm here!!! smiley_wavy Still alive!!!

I made it out of New York alive in spite of some intrepid taxi drivers attempts to the contrary... bike_rider

Chicago was great fun, easy time.

We're at Karen's now in the UP and having a great time. Leaving here Friday early for the Roasty. Can't leave Thursday as Karen has something on. So, we'll be there Friday Arvo.

Can't wait!!!
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Jeff

Went out and did a major fogging of the area for skeeters.  They have not been to bad this year, so hopefully that trend continues.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

asy

Quote from: Jeff on August 05, 2010, 06:56:26 AM
Went out and did a major fogging of the area for skeeters. 
Those of us who are the first to get bit, and those who have kids who get bit then get pissy coz they're itchy are REALLY thankful to you for going to the effort  :-*

I'm in both those categories so: :-* :-*

asy

RavioliKid

I am loaded up and just about to hit the road. So I should be there - oh - around 5:30 or 6:00. See you then!

:)
RavioliKid

Cowboy Bob

A special thanks to you and yours

THANK YOU FOR A GREAT VISIT

HAVE A SAFE TRIP HOME

COME BACK  ANY TIME

Thanks Cowboy Bob
Creek Dairy Sales~Owner/Operator
Cows or Bulls~You want em, we buy em, I sell em
Quality not Quantity

Pudge

I just wanted to let Jeff know since you's were talkin 'shoulder surgery....casteration'things of that nature an 'who was gonna do it' I coulda helped. Am sure we coulda found a stove pipe.....maybe culvert.... big enough to stuff you in so I could have taken a sharp knife or razor blade to which ever end needed work on.....Since here on the farm I cut my own cats it wouldn't have been a problem.
Could have gotten one of the sanders out of the shop to sand down any problem areas in the shoulder ;D :D

DanG

:D :D  The piggy roaster would have been a suitable containment vessel.  You could just rotate him to whatever position was appropriate for each procedure. ;D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

beenthere

Pudge
Welcome to the forum.

Nailhead never let on that you had such basic skills. To think, we came so close at your place.  ;D ;D
Kinda makes the sweat break out just thinkin about it.

But you both were very wonderful and gracious hosts (on da UP ATV '07 tour out at the camp).
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

There was construction on 20 between Montreal and Quebec, but although it said 80 km/hr, you went 110 km/hr or get run over.  Ever hear of  "flying __ ". I won't say it, but believe me it's true. :D :D

They just routed the second lane onto the breakdown lanes.

In Ontario, they are very strict on posted speeds. No, I was legal all the way. But, I seen a few pulled over. 60 km over the limit in Quebec, gets you a $685 fine and lose 10 points. Believe me, some do travel that speed. No, that's 160 km/hour (100 mph).

Oh, and I went through the tunnels Marcel, just for you. ;D

2300 miles round trip and less than $250 in fuel, can't fly those miles for anything near that.  That includes a tromp around the eastern UP. 8) 8)

Oh, and I have a shiny new chainsaw from our sponsor, Bailey's. They wanted tax at the border crossing even though it was not a purchase because I kinda forgot to mention I got it free as a door prize.  ::) But, other than that no troubles.

I shoulda asked the guy if he paid the tax on his gift from his grandma in California.  ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Pudge

Thanks Beenthere for the welcome. Nope Nailhead wouldn't even help me with the cats, got to the point I have ta say to a newbe around here 'Ya gotta minute' Yep that usually does it when they find out what I am gonna do. Don't normally come around to help me after that  :-\.
Don't understand it ::) Just because I don't give the cat anything to kill the pain an slap idodine on their bottom after :o. Guys are just too sensitive when it comes to things like that :o.

Jeff

Quote from: Pudge on August 12, 2010, 09:45:11 PM
Guys are just too sensitive when it comes to things like that :o.

Do ya Think??  :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

isawlogs

I am thinking that Jeff just might be a little happy you left your sharp knife at home .  :o :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Pudge

pasbuild

Nailhead had his own way of taking care of the cat population problem, OH...........the good old days of the cat shot over by the pond 8)
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Thank You Sponsors!