iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Damaged Logosol 260 planer/moulder?

Started by bond-lumber, July 14, 2014, 08:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bond-lumber

I have just made a deal for a nice 260 Logosol that slipped off the forks in transport to me...I wonder if anyone has experience in replacing the 'jack screws' that elevate or lower the bed to determine the thickness of the board being planed??? These have bent as the machine fell on the side (the side with the feed motor) and the weight of the bed with all of the side-cutters etc bent the threaded screws.  I am concerned to get the new screws in exactly the same spot so that the chain will move them again in the perfect parallel position (to make an even board - not "lap siding").  The only other problem is the feed dial - speed control...that dial is damaged and needs to be replaced.  Thanks for any help/advice you can offer!!!
Mobile Dimension, Newman 8b, Logosol 260

Doug Wis

My Ph360 got the jackscrews out of syc and I had to get them back.[ didn't have to replace them]  You can get close by measuring and then in the final adjustment you can feel when they are right . If its true and level the screws will turn freely. Less then a full turn is the range you have to work in. I know the 260 is setup different then the 360, but hopefully the same  principle will apply. I found when it was nearly perfect all 4 screws would turn freely  that 1/2 to a full turn .
Good luck
A man who says he can do everything at 65 that he did at 25 sure wasn't doing much at 25.

bond-lumber

Thank you for your input...I have now ordered new 'jack screws' and will wait for them to arrive and then take your advice.  Will try to put them in one at a time and hope for the best!...thanks again!
Mobile Dimension, Newman 8b, Logosol 260

Thank You Sponsors!