iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Choice cuts is sauce?? Cuts of what??

Started by D Hagens, November 08, 2011, 11:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D Hagens

Well I'm not too sure if this should be in the food section or not so I'd thought I would post it here as it might help a few of us smile a bit more :)
I went to feed Zoe (the meaning of life) some dog food tonight and I noticed something on the can that seemed like it had something missing in the headline.
If you look at the can, it says "Choice cuts in sauce" I'm thinking choice cuts of what ::)

On the can it sure looks good, even thought about sharing a tin with her 8)
Then I started to read the fine print on the back and there's enough  smiley_furious in there to make you  steve_smiley
If only 

could read!
I think if she could she would be eating dirt :D

They really should have laws about what they put in these cans ::) :D

sandhills

You're right, they should have those laws, I work part time at the local salebarn and I don't think any of us want to know what those "choice cuts" are, much less what they came from  :-\.  Zoe's a very sweet looking little dog though, and are you sure she wasn't already trying the dirt diet thing?  :D

D Hagens

I guess it's kind of like what goes in to hot dogs.......lots of garbage in them!
Zoe is our last and final rescue dog and she's our keeper :)
I hear that dirt has protein in it :D

zopi

The loser in the third last friday at aqueduct....my steak still had marks where the jockey was hitting it...
Dangerfield rocks.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

D Hagens

There's nothing like a good slab of horse meat :D All most as tasty as Canadian goose 8) 8)

Ianab

Choice cuts of....

Reminds  me of a story in the local paper a couple of years back.

2 locals had busted into the meat works to steal some meat, but weren't able to make a clean getaway, and the cops caught up to them down the road. They had grabbed the wrong boxes, it was't fillet steak, or even hamburger mince. They had 100lb of Bull bum holes. !!!

All neatly boxed up and chilled, ready to be sent off the the pet food factory to be made into "choice cuts."

But no one in the courtroom could keep a straight face during the trial.. "You stole WHAT?  :D"

"So what did you get sent down for?"
"Stealing bull bums  :-[ "

You can't make that stuff up.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

D Hagens

Ian now that's funny :D Wonder if they got time for that :D
I was sitting in a bar one night years ago, overheard the guys at the next table talking about going and stealing corn from one of the farmers down the road. They had a detailed plan of who to hit and how much they could grab and where to sell it. They had all the profits figured out and everything.
I could barely keep from laughing as these idiots must of been from the city as I knew which farmer they were going to steal from.
On my way home I drove past them doing what they had planned, didn't do anything about it as I was laughing too hard :D
My wife asked why I wasn't pulling over and dealing with it and I said "honey, why would I pull over and get in to it with these idiots stealing cow corn" :D
They did eventually get caught trying to sell the corn at a local open market :D :D

beenthere

Funny story.
Would like to be the judge for that one.
Time served would be open-ended.
Put 'em behind bars with plenty of water, some ketchup, and all the 100 lb of bull butts on ice.
Tell 'em when they are gone, they will be released.
Until then, no complaints about the food.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Taylortractornut

This cute Asian gal that worked in the  gas  station where I get my bolony egg and cheese biscuit every morning  asked  what balony was.       WIthout thinking   I said what  my Polish grandpa used to say    Lips and Aholes.    Then I saw she was eating a bolony biscuit.        I used to repair presses for a friend that  owned a country meat processing outfit down south that made  chicken and beef hotdogs and bolony.  Its brand name was  Peckers N' Claws bolona.   

Same gal had another  episode with a friend that same week.   He works for a Broiler co.    He  got called out to help move a laod of chickens thatthe  18wheeler  threw a drive line on the  farm.  THe chickens only have a few hours from the time theyre picked up to be processed before they die or lose weight.       He pulled into the gas station with a 20 foot flatbed loaded with broilers in crates.      She asked him and I quote   Are you gonna take those chickens to a farm.    He said I just picked them up from the farm, next stop is the processing plant.    She said  OMG that so cruel you should get your chicken at the store.        My friend  thats tired of ignorant younger folks said loudly where the  Heck do you think  that chiken in the warmer came from.

When a broiler house has a die off they have to pay a rendering company to come in and take them for dog feed. Each house has  up to 24000 chickens  usually  5 houses to farm.       
I have a friend that has 5 houses and one house lost power while he was gone for the day.   He lost 23,000 6 pound chickens.      That was a mess in August.   

I had a call one time with   dump truck broken broken down with a broken frame rail.    I took the job thinking in when its a broken dump that it was a dirt hauler.   I get there and its a  loaded chicken rendering truck.   I blocked the rail up and welded the frame  to get it to the plant.      Thats the last time Ill do that again.    I had all sorts of  unsavory drippings on me during the repair.      I asked about its final location and it was going for dog and cat food, Feathers for bedding,  oils off the cooking into cosmetics and bio fuel. 

I have a friend named Queeny Linton that  owns a dump truck service.  Hes in his eighies and  is a character.  He started driving a truck as a teenager and  went up nrth to dump haul.   He said the best hamburger was eaten in Detroit Michigan in 1948.    He said that he ate every night a diner and they had the best hamburger and  meatloaf around but it was really black looking.    He asked why the beef was that dark.  The waitress said that  it was canned horse meat they bought off the Army.      He said that was the last  hamburger he ate in Michigan and the last time he ate there. 
My overload permit starts after sunset

zopi

A friend was talking about how the mcrib was tripe, heart, and ahole....told her I liked heart and tripe, amd at least the aholes are easy to get on a skewer...

She turned a pretty green color.

We raised fryers for tyson when I was a kid...about sixty five thousand birds at a time...guess who got to retrieve errant birds from the manure pits. Was years before I would eat chicken.  We did plant our garden right downhill from the effuent though....biiiig 'maters.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Thank You Sponsors!