iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ezboardwalk Jr owner only please.

Started by hturner12, September 16, 2018, 07:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hturner12

A guy I meet in one  of the FB groups that lives close by, is considering a Jr. Hence the title of Ezboardwalk Jr owners. He has seen mine and likes it. He asked a question I can not answer  yet. How wide of a cant/ slab can you actually  cut? Has any actually  got a 30 " log on the mill  
Thanks
Hugh
Ezbordwalk Jr

Downstream

max cut width is 24 inches between the two rollers if you want live edge slabs.  This is about 95% of what I cut.  This is one of the reasons I bought the ezjr.  Largest cut width under my $5000 budget  I could buy at the time.
EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Split Second Kinetic logsplitter, Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

hturner12

Thank you. I know when I cranked mine all the way up it only  read 27.5
Hugh
Ezbordwalk Jr

Ianab

Quote from: hturner12 on September 17, 2018, 02:22:12 AM
Thank you. I know when I cranked mine all the way up it only  read 27.5
Yeah, but that means you can slab the top off a ~30" log at that point (with the 24" between guides). Roll it a couple of times and you whittle it down to a cant you can saw though. So they are correct you can saw a 30" inch log, if it's nice and straight / round, even if the saw doesn't have full clearence at first. 
Just make sure you have the saw head at the right end when you load the biggest logs.  :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

hturner12

Hugh
Ezbordwalk Jr

hturner12

Tripp (Timberman1212) ordered his Jr today
Hugh
Ezbordwalk Jr

Jeff

Just for the record, we don't ever qualify a topic for only certain people to post in here. Anyone is eligible to respectfully join in any conversation and again for the record, I do not have an EZ junior.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

hturner12

Hugh
Ezbordwalk Jr

Jeff

Not sure who you sent it to but it wasn't me.

hturner12

Hugh
Ezbordwalk Jr

Jeff

No need to send me a pm on this. I needed to make a point and I made it.

Thank You Sponsors!