iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Trout

Started by ARKANSAWYER, April 12, 2004, 09:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARKANSAWYER

Cotter Arkansas boast as being the "Trout Capital of the World".  Since it is just east of me I visit there often.  I took the wife Easter Sunday after church to partake of God's creation.

This is my wife Renee' and her first brook trout.  She had to put it back as it has to be atleast 14 inches here to keep.  We did catch several browns and kept 8 rainbows.  After an hour on the smoker the only problem with them was there weren't near enough of them. ;D

Now before some one says something about our trout just know that Arkansas holds the world record for brown trout (44 + lbs) and are very close on the others.  They catch over 3 million rainbows in our streach of the White River each year.  I sawed for a man last year that had a 25 lb rainbow on his wall.  I personaly think the cut throut trout are very pretty.
ARKANSAWYER

ARKANSAWYER

Norm

That's a nice stringer of fish Arky, cutthroat have some of the prettiest colors of any fish out there. We used to go to Bull Shoals on vacation years ago, the White River has great fishing. Thanks for showing us.

SwampDonkey

Five and 3 lb brookies in front of the camp on the Serpentine River.

http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/806
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

pappy

I know it ain't a trout but we catch trout here also just so happens we wanted salmon for supper that night.

Out back on the river that flows right by the "ole back forty".

You can catch them trolling in the spring or flippin' a fly in the late summer.

My friend Glenn with a landlocked salmon about 4 lbs.

tasty  :)
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

SwampDonkey

That's real grand termie :D :)  8)

I never fished for landlocked or spring run salmon.

Here's mine , nice and fresh from Restigouche Bay, caught on the Upsulquitch. Notice all the rain gear. It was a rainy trip, but the salmon were wild. The angler's tag is a little hard digesting. :D

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

ARKANSAWYER

NICE FISH!
  Norm,  Maybe you need to make a trip back down here and we will go get some fish.
  We use corn for bait here so if you do not catch any at least you can eat your bait. :o
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Norm

That would be great Arky, you and Noble live in some of the prettiest country in these parts. I sure do miss vacationing down there. I had a late buddy that lived in Warsaw, about this time of year we'd be down there snagging for paddlefish during the day and catfishin at night. Great fun and good eating.

Dang I sure miss him. :)

Patty

Norm & I were trout fishing in Bennett Springs one year, it was great fun. It was raining and we were catching all sorts of trout. Then Norm caught the motherload. A trout so big and round it looked like a football!  :o    They took his & the fishes' picture and hung it on the wall with the other trophy fish that had been caught there...wonder if it is still there..
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Thank You Sponsors!