iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Doe estrus question?

Started by Delawhere Jack, November 22, 2012, 09:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delawhere Jack

Ok, so I've had my hunting clothes marinating in this stuff for two days now. I keep it on the back porch, so the odor is not too bad. But they tell me I'm supposed to work it into my scalp after I shower for three days prior to the hunt. Ok, I'm doing that too.

I've had to be very careful about where I go lately. The neighbors dog that usually pays no attention to me has suddenly decided that I am the love of his life. I hear cats just outside the bedroom window making those long low grows at 4 in the morning that sound like an infant crying.

I don't even want to think about the incident at Walmart.... The police officer said that technically I wasn't breaking any laws, so he had to let me go. The manager told me I should never show my face there again.

Had Thanksgiving dinner at the parents today. Mom wept, dad just shook his head any time I looked his way. I caught my brothers sneaking peaks at my rear end.

Things have been really weird these past few days, but the guys tell me if I want to get the big buck I've got to cover my scent.

Am I being punked?  :-\

ellmoe

It might work better if you try go into the woods! Just sayin'... ;D
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Delawhere Jack

Quote from: Jeff on November 22, 2012, 10:06:54 PM
Quote from: Delawhere Jack on November 22, 2012, 09:22:18 PM

Am I being punked?  :-\

I think we are

And fox urine on my scrambled eggs for two weeks?........

WOW, these guys are gonna get a piece of my mind I tell ya!!!

smiley_airfreshener

Delawhere Jack

In the stand in 30 hours!!!  ;D

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Delawhere Jack

Quote from: beenthere on November 22, 2012, 10:47:59 PM
Rather a "sick" thread.

My fault. Buck fever. I'll try to contain my symptoms going forward.

29 hours til rifle season!  ;D

WDH

In this case, too much of a good thing is not a good thing.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Good luck to you. My step son was "dressing" in the driveway. I went out to talk to him and I stayed up wind of him.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on November 23, 2012, 07:20:29 AM
In this case, too much of a good thing is not a good thing.

Yes....In THIS case. :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

doctorb

I think that this thread should be retitled...."Hunter Estrus Question?" :D
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Jeff

Mooseherder

He needs another beating for wearing that scarf. :D

doctorb

The last words of the video say it all......"It probably was pretty dumb, but I don't regret it."  This is a man who:
1.  Got the crap kicked out of him by a buck
2.  Whose wife did nothing to help him and continued to video him
3.  And who sprays elk urine in his mouth.

Oh, yea.....while the scarf is worth re-mentioning, how about that playing card shirt he was wearing during the interview?

Maybe we are getting punked again?
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I've seen this vid before, and every time I see it, I still say it was staged. But this is the first time I have seen him spray you'rn in his mouth......I about lost it.   steve_smiley
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

Staged or not, I'm not stupid enough to get in with an animal that has knives for hooves and daggers for a head dress. That guy was an idiot no matter how you look at it.

When I was a kid, my Uncle dave stopped at a car deer accident to help a Lady out. She was freaking because the deer was kicking around in the ditch. My uncle went down in the ditch armed with a hunting knife to cut its throat. He ended up in the Hospital practically disemboweled when a kick from a hoof slit his abdomen open.

Magicman

A man was killed here by an enraged/frightened buck a few years ago.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Den Socling

Same thing here. A guy walked out his back door into his back yard and a buck attacked and killed him. When you see a deer jump a fence while running uphill, you get an idea of how much power there is in those legs. And like Jeff says, there is a knife at the end of each.

ellmoe

When I was with the Fla. Game and Fish we trapped deer at Cape Kennedy (Canaveral). Trapping not really a good term, it was more like buu-dogged. We had about twenty, one acre clearings in the thick oak scrub that predominates on the island. Corn was scattered in this area and rope nets were strung on tall cypress poles sounding the clearings. The front was left down for access by the deer. At night we'd fly into the plot in our trucks with the lights off, when we arrived the headlights and extra spotlights were switched on, and if deer were present the front net was thrown up and beblem insued! While these deer are huge( 200 lbs. is a monster) taken them down in an open area took some technique. Another young fella and I  (this was 30+ years ago  ;D ) were the catchers , other were in support. The best way to catch them was to follow them into the net, wrapping them up and flipping them as you collided into the net. Catching a buck, in the open was a little bit more interesting, I only had to do that a couple of times, football skills came in handy here! :D At the end on the season (2 months). I had chipped teeth, one pair of jeans with the crotch cut out by a doe's hooves, and severly bruised thighs. Did you know that you body can do some remarkable things when trying to protect it's ability to reproduce? ;D I also had a nice collection of antlers that we sawed off. The program ended after the one year I participated. It was fun the first month, but got old fast. I got to were I could sex a deer by it's smell in the dark and developed a healthy respect for the strength and their ability to defend themselves.
Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Thank You Sponsors!