iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Poulan Micro XXV help?

Started by vurtok, October 01, 2004, 09:58:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vurtok

Hi all,

I'm reassembling an old Poulan Micro XXV, and I think that I have all the parts in the right place, but I don't know if this saw has (had) any kind of chain guide plate on one or both sides of the bar.  It's my own fault, I took the saw apart for cleaning at least 20 years ago, put it in a box, and forgot about it.  Now I need a saw in the worst way, so I'm putting the old one back together.  I just can't remember if this saw had chain guide plates or not.  If it did, I misplaced them.  Everything else is where I put it, including the original chain and bar and every last screw and washer.  Since nothing else is missing, I'm inclined to believe that the saw didn't have the plates to start with.  Any help or information is very welcome!

P.S.   the saw is officially a Poulan Micro Super XXV Deluxe, serial #30893028, probably a late '70s vintage I would guess.

Thanks,
Randy

Chris J

I'm very new to chainsaw tinkering, but thought this might help.  Have you tried acresinternet.com, which is Chain Saw Collectors Corner?  Mike Acres runs the site, & he has a huge database of older (& some newer) saws.  You might find a picture of your saw that could help you.  There's also another site with a chainsaw forum with many experienced mechtechs, restorers, & generally knowledgeable members. I'm new here, & don't know if I'm allowed to mention a 'competing' site by name.
Certified Amateur Chainsaw Tinkerer.  If sucess is built on failure, then one day I'll live on the top of Mt. Everest.

sawguy21

Rest easy, that Poulan did not use guide plates. They are a carry over from the old days of hard tip bars and are really not necessary as long as you are using a sprocket tip bar and the chain is proprly tensioned.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Michael_E_Tx

I'm no expert, but my buddy picked up moreorless a freebie S25DA when he bought a used 350 from a guy.  It most definitely has guide plates on both sides.  It is not a micro however.  Got a sprocket and air filter element from Hawkins Bros in Shelbina, Mo.  (573) 588-4731.  They were recommended to me by Bailey's.  Good knowledgeable folks on old Poulans.  I talked to Sam Hawkins.  They have no web presence.

Thank You Sponsors!