iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Topics with multiple pages

Started by fluidpowerpro, January 14, 2022, 03:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluidpowerpro

Is there a way to change the order in which postings to a topic show up.
Especially for topics with multiple pages. Most often I have already read earlier posts, so when I open it again, I want to see the most recent post first.
Yes, I know that if I click on All and then click Go Down, it will get me there, but it seems thats what I'm doing almost every time.
Change is hard....
Especially when a jar full of it falls off the top shelf and hits your head!

Jeff

I believe there is a bunch of settings for things just like that within your profile settings. Ill see if I can find it.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Yea, it looks like you can do exactly that under profile/modify profile/look and layout I think it was.

Jeff

Also, if you click on the new icon, it takes you to the last post you read. A better option i think.

btulloh

At the top of each column theres a little triangle that allows you to change the sort order. Click on the triangle on top of the date column and it will reverse the order. That or what Jeff pointed out will get you what you're looking for. I know that it's working the way describe for me but I can't remember if I had to change anything or not.
HM126

btulloh

Correction:  the sort order is for topics in a forum, not replies in a post. But it certainly does/can work the way you describe. 
HM126

fluidpowerpro

Thank you all. I will go into my profile and try to change it.
Change is hard....
Especially when a jar full of it falls off the top shelf and hits your head!

Magicman

The yellow "NEW" icon to the right of the topic is the quickest/best way.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

It always surprises me that a lot of folks don't realize that "new" is there as a function.  The largest database table on this entire forum, is the one that keeps track of what every single logged in member has looked at. It is singly the greatest tool for the member to keep track. It's bigger than the rest of the entire database.

SwampDonkey

New and the notification bubbles are probably better than emails. Emails for registration and stuff.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

Don't overlook the "Mark Read" button in the top right corner of the topic page.  If there are topics that you don't wish to open, hover over that button and it turns yellow.  Click on it and all of the unread topics appear to be read.

The same is true for the entire forum's "Mark All Messages as Read" button at the bottom right of the home page. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

btulloh

Some good tips getting posted here.  The forum is deep and wide and it takes a while to get a grip on it.  There are lots of ways to approach it and it's got plenty of options to let let you make it work for you.
HM126