iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Browser Issue

Started by sawguy21, April 25, 2022, 11:44:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawguy21

I have been happily using Firefox for years, easy to navigate with no insurmountable problems. Now it tells me there is a security alert and won't let me log in to the FF. Anyone else have this issue? It is the only site the browser doesn't like. I moved to Microsoft Edge which is happy with this lot and successfully transferred my favorites but I don't find it as convenient.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

TroyC

I use Firefox. Sometimes have to do the login submit twice but other than that it works for me.

Jeff

Get rid of your old bookmark, and be sure to use https
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sawguy21

It works fine with the new browser, I'm good with it now but thought it odd Firefox gave me grief.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

Firefox works fine on this end Sawguy.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

rusticretreater

A lot of things are going on with browsers and fighting the bad guys.  They also have several security levels that you can work with in your browser settings. There are a couple of specifications for HTTPS as they upgrade the protocols and when the browser hits one with a past version that is deemed vulnerable it will throw a page like that.  Also, if the website SSL certificate(helps provide the S in HTTPS) is expired, you will also be told its a bad thing.  

Things like this can crop up sometimes if you upgrade your browser too.  Usually doing things like clearing the cache and cookies can help.

Its one of those, no you can't do anything because we are protecting you and we are protecting you so we don't care you can't get anything done security mindsets.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post