iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lead time on WoodMizer LT35HD

Started by WillisHomestead, April 28, 2022, 04:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maine Miller

Well, I was thinking buyer since I bought that same exact mill with 34 hours on it 2 years ago for under $20K. Looked again last night and it was gone......maybe the seller didn't ask enough?

bigblockyeti

Quote from: Maine Miller on September 20, 2022, 07:07:48 AM
Well, I was thinking buyer since I bought that same exact mill with 34 hours on it 2 years ago for under $20K. Looked again last night and it was gone......maybe the seller didn't ask enough?
It's worth what someone will pay, and that can be a bit tricky to navigate today.  
I almost bought a new 2020 Polaris Ranger 1000 crew at the end of 2019 but decided the $12,900 price was too much given how much I'd be able to use it.  I suspect I could have sold it for a wee bit more than I bought it for over the past year.

Walnut Beast

Look at new prices on the Polaris units now. Many models with North Star cab in the 30k range. Razor turbos 40k + and they are selling 

Walnut Beast

You were crazy if you didn't buy that crew for that price

Southside

Crazy is paying $30-$40K for a side by side. What goes up, must come down.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

bigblockyeti

Quote from: Walnut Beast on September 20, 2022, 11:20:52 PM
You were crazy if you didn't buy that crew for that price
Yeah, I know and knowing what I know now, I would have.  It would have represented a storage problem, there's no good public riding within reasonable driving distance from me and the only thing I'm certain I would use it for is driving to the neighborhood pool during the summer.

Walnut Beast

Quote from: Southside on September 20, 2022, 11:44:01 PM
Crazy is paying $30-$40K for a side by side. What goes up, must come down.
That's the same thing people say that have a old sawmill 😂. If it wasn't for the current customers buying new products the companies wouldn't go very far. 

Southside

In November 2008 my farm sold for $10K an acre, that was before I bought it for $2K an acre in 2012. 

The only companies that the 2008 market kept going were the bankruptcy attorneys. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

bigblockyeti

Quote from: Southside on September 22, 2022, 07:01:31 AM
In November 2008 my farm sold for $10K an acre, that was before I bought it for $2K an acre in 2012.

The only companies that the 2008 market kept going were the bankruptcy attorneys.
I wish $2K/acre was still a thing.  I found 13 acres of buried timber/hunting land 65 minutes from me for $25,900.  While deciding on whether or not the drive down there would be feasible, especially knowing I'd have to cut in a 3/8 mile road (that had already established on the plot map), someone else decided quicker.  I've got multiple realtors looking for something for me, the bad news is there's nothing around for the price per acre I want to spend.  The good news is the appropriate measures are being taken to cause way more than just a housing collapse in the not too distant future offering great deals for those who have prepared.

Maine Miller

Definitely looking like History will repeat itself

bigblockyeti

Yeah, the Fed just upped rates another 3/4 point.  I wish they'd just go ahead with 5-6 at a time so I can again consider CDs as a viable investment.  Everything else should fall into place nicely 3-4 months later.

Walnut Beast

Bigblockyeti yes you should have bought that property!! Then you would have had a place to ride and keep it 😂

Walnut Beast

Quote from: Southside on September 22, 2022, 07:01:31 AM

Seems like it worked out pretty good for you 😂. 

WV Sawmiller

I did a site visit with a customer yesterday who is returning home to WV after a career in Texas. (He is going to become a multi-millionaire here raising gourmet garlic here.) He had ordered an LT35HD a year ago and was expecting delivery in October but said they called him in March and said it was ready but he was not so he let them keep it. I told him he could have taken and resold it for a nice profit without ever cranking it. He said WM told him there would be not problem returning/cancelling the order. Yeah! I bet they did.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

DanMc

I ordered an LT35HD earlier this year, Feb '22.  When I placed the order they said lead time of 60 weeks.  Today I called them and they said lead time of 70 weeks from Feb = around Aug '23.  Well, at least I'm now down to less than a year.  The sales guy said that unfortunately most of his calls are from buyers asking for a delivery update.  He said that the backlog is due to increased orders.  I was expecting to hear that it was engines, maybe the engines can't keep up with the increased orders.  I have enough other things to keep me busy while waiting.

LT35HDG25
JD 4600, JD2210, JD332 tractors.
28 acres of trees, Still have all 10 fingers.
Jesus is Lord.

bigblockyeti

When I called in April this year to order my 5' extension I asked about lead times for the 35 and up, the guy told me he thinks some folks were ordering on spec as it wasn't unusual for an order of 4-6 of the bigger mills to come through for one person.  I think to curb some of that, they need to up the deposit to $300-400 per $10K order invoice.

charles mann

Just contacted WM today, placing an order for a LT15 wide. Lead time was said to be 47wks, most of which is any power plant above a 9hp engine or electric motor. Evidently they also wont sell a mill w/o a power plant, even if a person had a NiB kohler sitting in a crate waiting for something to instal it in/on. 
Guess im waiting 10 months. Up side, i can pay on it to bring the final cost down, or not pay on it and pay when ready to take delivery. 
Temple, Tx
Fire Fighting and Heavy Lift Helicopter Mech
Helicopter and Fixed Wing Pilot

bigblockyeti

Sounds like they need to start offering a glider kit :D

I paused with the $300 charge for the upgraded 14hp engine on my mill vs. the standard 9hp.  My thought was I could easily find a 13-20hp horizontal shaft engine, in good shape,that I absolutely could make fit for under $300 and have a BNIB 9hp Kohler to put up for sale.  I decided against it as I buy something new for myself about 0.05% of the time vs. buying used and I wanted to start with everything just dropping together instead of as a yet another "project" where things have to be fabricated.  I'm glad I did as it allowed me to start sawing right away and the shortage of everything has ensured it's worth more than I paid for it.

Thank You Sponsors!