iDRY Vacuum Kilns

New Hat to wear

Started by Frank_Pender, April 04, 2002, 02:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank_Pender

I was to a funeral a few weeks ago for a student I had, had 33years earlier in the 7th grade.   After the service at the funeral home many went to a new bychurch for Fellowship and a late afternoon brunch.  I was visiting with some of the folks I had not seen for some time, when this elderly dlady kept watching me.  I finally asked if I could help her.  She said, "Don't I know you?"  I said, Of course, Lois we are neighbors."   And then we both began to laugh.  sshe had not seen me for years without my tin hat and all dressed up.  I usually wear my coustom made Pedee Jeans and Hickory Shirt as well as the tin billed cap.   I can't really change now because no one would know me?  Or, I can wear my brand new, custom designed cap with a Big Green Tree and nice white letters when I do not want to be recognized?  Or, I can hank the new cap in a place of honor in my Whining Room amongst my other favorite treasures?  Thank you, Jeff.   I will wear the cap, but only on special occassions.  Like now while on the forum!
Frank Pender

Bud Man

Frank  "Ole Michigan Jeff"  musta mailed mine out the same day, cause in my mailbox today along with some unimportant stuff I discovered the Purdiest Hat U Ever Saw .  Sep my Hat Has a Dark Forest Green Bill bout the color of a Mallard's head and a Soft Tan front side of the cap.  The back half is repeated in the Dark Mallard Green.  The front has the Purdiest Green Pine Tree u ever saw and the front also has some 24 Karat Gold Leaf Inlay spelling out The Forestry Forum.  My missy said she wanted to wear It to church but I snatched It away and said no way "That's My Forestry Forum Hat, And Don't You Forget It"   8)    Thank's Jeff B !!   :-*
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

Frank_Pender

Bud Man,  my Mallard must of got his bill in the mud :'( cuz his is all a deep rich brown color, like that  of an expensive beaver pelt.  I suppose that is very appropriate as I am an avid Oregon State University fan. ;)  GO Beavs! 8) 8) Thank you again, Jeff.
Frank Pender

DanG

I got mine in yesterday's mail, too. It's a dandy.  Thanks a million, Jeff.

I will be out of town next week, at a location that shall go nameless, for the time being. If I can figure out how to post pics, by then, you'll see the hat in places you'd never expect.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Jeff

DanG, dont drink the water, and stay away from the tip rail. ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Corley5

I got a hat the other day also 8).  You're right they are nice.  Thanks again Jeff
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Bibbyman

Frank,  I kind of lead two lives – I dress "business casual" for the office.  As soon as I get home in the evening I jump into my warn bibbies, old work boots and work shirt.  Two groups of people see me one way or the other.  It's sometimes a strange experience for someone when they see "the other me".  

An example,  a couple of weeks ago I was filing some 5-gallon jerry jugs at the gas station and this guy from the office pulled in.  I said Hi. He Hi-ed back but with a question mark on his face.  He kind of walked around me and looked me over and when he came back from paying, he came over to talk.  He admitted he wasn't sure just who I was.  Maybe I had a brother he thought. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94