iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New phone line

Started by woodman, August 30, 2002, 08:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodman

Has anyone else had a phone line eaten by a whitever. I did and was without my phone and internet for 3 days. you may ask how i lived,  it was hard but i made it, now i'm back.  ;D
Jim Cripanuk

CHARLIE

A friend of mine had a problem with gophers eating his cable in two.  If that had happened to me I think I'd put the cable into metal conduit before burying it.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Jeff

Tammy ate ours. ;D

Well, actually the weed whip did.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SawBilly

Hey if you can find the break, don't buy those expensive splicing kits from the phone guys, and don't just black tape either. You can get some Scotch Locks, or "beans" and splice the wire back, may have to add a piece in the middle to make it fit, then get the cheapest tube of silicone from the hardware store or Wal-mart types and slice it down the middle like a hot dog, place the splice inside and close it back, then wrap it with black tape, and bury it!! This will allow the silicone to harden, and it will last several thousand years, or at least long after we're gone.

Don P

woodman

Thanks for the info, but i just called the phone co. and thay put in a new line, no charge.
Jim Cripanuk

Thank You Sponsors!