iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My Logrite Multi-tool

Started by WV Sawmiller, August 07, 2018, 12:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

I am sure none of the rest of you have ever broken a band and had the tension arm drop down on a low cut, forgotten and backed the head up enough to hit one of the bed rails hard enough to bend the bar. If you do field repairs can be made with your Logrite multi-tool. Just unscrew the ball on the end of the arm, slip the butt end of your Logrite over the tensioner bar as a cheater bar then bend the tensioner bar back into shape. Voila! Back in business.

Bent tensioner bar - cannot engage without hitting the gas tank tray.

Unscrew the ball

Slip Logrite butt end over bar (What? You have not removed the rubber tip? That can be done quickly). Bend down to straighten rod.

Close enough to original shape to work fine.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

I do NOT have holes in the end of my Logrites.  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

Lynn,

Mine did not when I bought it nor did the handle have that distinctive curve in it but those things can be fixed. ;) It does make a fine cheater bar. When you place your order with the LogRite rep be sure to tell them you want your FF discount and the -C (Cheater Bar) model Logrite.

I really thought you were going to say you had an autoclutch and never bend your button on the panel.  :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!