iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

how to post pictures on a thread

Started by Robert R, May 28, 2005, 12:01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert R

Is there any instructions anywhere and if not, could someone give me the "blooming idiot's guide to picture posting".  Thanks.
chaplain robert
little farm/BIG GOD

Haytrader

Robert,

There are instructions.
I am "blooming" too.
Here is how I do it.
I find the picture in my documents, right click and find resize.
click advanced, then custom. then size to about 250 x 250 and it will accept it.
Now all the experts will give you better advice...... ;)
This works for me though...... 8)
Haytrader

Tom

DanG

I'm gonna try to write up a complete instruction and place it in a new thread in "Behind the Forum."  That other thread has it scattered among 9 pages of comments and questions. ::)  Look for it shortly. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Cedarman

DanG,thank you. I openly admit I get my kids to do this stuff. I feel safer working with high explosives. I know touching the wrong key makes stuff blow up.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Fraxinus

Quote from: Cedarman on May 28, 2005, 12:51:40 PM
I feel safer working with high explosives.
ROFL!!   :D :D :D  I know the feeling.
Grandchildren, Bluegrass music, old tractors, trees and sawmills.  It don't get no better'n that!

sawguy21

Quote from: Cedarman on May 28, 2005, 12:51:40 PM
DanG,thank you. I openly admit I get my kids to do this stuff. I feel safer working with high explosives. I know touching the wrong key makes stuff blow up.
No kidding :D :D :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Buzz-sawyer

I added some pics of the pages and what to do on to the bottom of dangs description.......Are they legible at that size.or of any help?

.....I want to perfect a page that is line by line with pics that is fool proof.

Heres Dangs page

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=12416.0
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Jeff

You guys are doing a good job! One thing that you might want to include that gets people stuck sometimes, if you have not already. When you first go to the image gallery, you dont have an album. You have to create an album before you can upload to it.  Also, I never use the more options link. I just go up to the menu where your profile, search, calendar, etc buttons are and click the image archive link. Its the exact same link.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Buzz-sawyer

Thats the kind of advice I need, because as I created those graphics I was using the way I taught myself early on and I AM SURE it is not the best nor most efficient....just the way I found to get it done.
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

DanG

Me too.  I just wrote up what I do.  I figger if I can do it this way, anybody oughta be able to get 'er done.

I use the "additional options" feature because I've usually already started my post when I go fetch the code from the gallery, and the profile/gallery/etc buttons don't show up on the reply screen.  I also use the edit button in the toolbar to paste.  I guess that's just easier for us bloomin' idiots to remember than ctrl+whatever, etc.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

bitternut

Here is a link to a forum that tells how to resize pictures so that you are able to upload to your album. I believe the pictures have to be 400 or less in width and less that 30kb.

The first method is for use with paint and the second is for the people who are using an xp system and it uses micro soft powertoys resizer. I just started using the xp powertoys resizer and it works slick. Once downloaded onto your computer you only have to right click on any image in your system to resize it. Here is the link.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/lofiversion/index.php/t207213.html

Thank You Sponsors!