Cooks Guides...how are they?

Started by Cutting Edge, November 12, 2011, 05:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cutting Edge

Been kickin around buying a set of Cooks Guides (retrofit) for my mill.  Wondering if I could get some feedback.  Dont want to spend alot of $$$ and not get results

Thanks
"Winning an argument isn't everything, as long as you are heard and understood" - W.S.

Cutting Edge Saw Service, LLC -
- Sharpening Services
- Portable/Custom Milling and Slabbing
- On-Site Sawmill Maintenance/Repair Services

Factory Direct Kasco WoodMaxx Blades
Ph- (304) 878-3343

fishpharmer

The Cooks roller guides worked very well for me on my homemade mill.  They are very heavy duty.  Use heavy material for support of the guides.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Kbeitz

I got them....
One of the best parts on my mill.
Never a problem.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Ox

I used them on my homemade mill as well.  Very nice, heavy duty quality.  I'm impressed with Cook's machinery.  Don't forget to get the mounting bolts with the grease zerk in the end, these guides use bearings that need greasing.  I use 1.5 pumps at the end of every day milling. 
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools