iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It's a Go! 2024 FF Pigroast.

Started by Jeff, April 22, 2024, 01:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aigheadish

Well, shucks, Tom called me out, so I'll say I'll be there, but I haven't asked the wife. If I understand counting properly I'm 28. 

It'll likely just be me, but I'll aim to be up early to help out as well. 

Now, I'll have to check out the campground, it's hard to pass up on after-hours shenanigans. Sounds like an opportunity to take a whole week off! (I learned at the end of last year that I'd only taken about half my allotted vacation, and I vowed not to let that happen again!)
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

teakwood

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on April 24, 2024, 12:53:55 PMAre you thinking about it?
Yes, i really try to make it. The problem is that i can only tell shortly before because of my work situation. So i'm tying to gather all info i need and then decide. what international airport is the closest? how do i get from the airport to the hotel and to the party? Rent a car maybe. How is the weather at this time? But i would really love to hang out with a bunch of old guys and talk about wood, lumber and sawmills  ffcheesy ffcheesy !
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Old Greenhorn

Well that would be fantastic! @Jeff can chime in on airports, etc. The weather should be mild. Expect cool at night (long pants, maybe a sweatshirt) and warm during the day. Rain is always possible, but snow is not likely. ffcheesy
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Jeff

Well, we had snow on the ground here at the cabin yesterday and right now it's 19f

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

MBS airport is an hour drive  flint is about 1.5 hrs. Detroit is about 2.5  all will require a car to get to us. 
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Corley5

There's a pretty good selection of flights from Lansing LAN as well ffsmiley
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

aigheadish

Hidden Hill Campground, in Harrison, MI? Is that correct? It'd be nice to sneak into another of the trailers but I don't know if I'll be quick enough in deciding for sure. 
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

Old Greenhorn

Yup, that's the one. You know the old expression: He who hesitates is....
Maybe you can split/share a trailer with somebody else?
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

beenthere

May have to go through Detroit to pass through customs getting into the USA
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

OntarioAl

You can add one more
Cheers Al
:thumbsup:
Hidden Hills it is 
Al Raman

jmouton

we will be there st least three of us maybe ill bring big country if he will come
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

Old Greenhorn

I think that puts us at about 32 or 33 at this point. Somebody please correct that number if it's off. Hard to keep track here. It's like herding cats. ffcheesy

Thank You Sponsors!