iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lilac bush

Started by drobertson, January 07, 2013, 10:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

What causes the lilac to die? there are either bugs or some other form of disease.  I cut of the dead limbs and there are holes. No real signs of bugs, but I suspect bugs all the same.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Roxie

Eastern European Hornets love lilacs.  They eat the bark off the limbs in a circular (or ring) pattern.  In flight, they look like red yellow jackets on steroids.  They also fly at night and are attracted to lights. 

They were on my lilacs, but they didn't kill it, because I ripped it out to get rid of them after they killed my birch tree. 

Say when

Al_Smith

If those are the same thing as a cicada killer wasp that is one weird insect .They almost act like they have intellegence .They will stand off in flight like a helocopter and watch you about 6 feet away ,they don't attack just watch .

They gave me the spooks .Danged things are about 2 inchs long .What they were after was the cicada larva they knew was inside a bunch of firewood I was splitting from a hollowed out tree .Once the threw the rotted wood in a pile they got what they were after and that's the last I saw of them .

Roxie

They are two different species, but are often mistaken for each other, because of the size and flight pattern. 

Eastern European Hornets are attracted to fruit, grass hoppers, and lilac and birch trees, among others. 

Say when

Thank You Sponsors!