iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl 362CM ?

Started by sweetjetskier, December 27, 2013, 07:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andyshine77

Quote from: JohnG28 on January 13, 2014, 08:42:35 AM
I sort of figured the muffler would be more open and see hr had a 361w, which is the Arctic version, right?  Didn't know is any other differences in the models though.

It's been said the porting numbers in the European 361's are better. To this day I've never seen a degree wheel on any European 361's, and I must say I've question the validity of the statement from day one. I can't say I know this as fact, but I highly doubt there is any difference in the cylinders, even if the part numbers are different. But again I don't know this as fact.   
Andre.

sweetjetskier

Update on the availability of the Artic version of the 362 CM.

Stihl is NOT bringing the Artic version to the US market.

Would have been my next saw.

Husqvarna has " G " versions of most of their pro saws, Stihl has 1 saw in the US market.

Arborist, Horticulturist, Nursery and Turfgrass Professional with 27 years experience.

CRThomas

Quote from: sweetjetskier on December 27, 2013, 07:29:29 PM
I see Stihl has the 362CM listed on their site.

Has anyone here run one yet?

I had a 036 pro that was a great saw, but it was stolen a few years back.

Chris
I just bought me three Stihl a MS 180 /261/ 362 I am very pleased with the 180 and 261 after running the 261 I have not run the 362 I have not had a reason to run it. My 261 is putting them 30 inch trees on the ground and into chunks. The 180 is getting the limbs out of the way quick. I am very pleased with these Stihl saws. Be for I had different saw. The Stihl are costly but in time they will I think pay for there self. I am not a nut about one item. I buy fords because the deal is close and treat me right I buy Stihl now because the dealer is close and treat me right I shop at save a lot because they are close and there priceas are right. won't argue about what I drive what I saw with. I have a nabor will argue till he gets up set about his Husq. being the only saw any body in there right mind should own

thecfarm

If someone does not run something just about everyday,than I don't feel they know or can argue about how "good" something is. My thing is tractors. I've had many "brag" up a tractor. Than they don't even put 100 hours a year on it.  ::)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

CRThomas

I had a 036 pro that was a great saw, but it was stolen a few years back.

Chris
I have a MS362CM very pleased with it. It will drag you thru the woods. I can't handle it all day. I cut 4 Pecans that were 31/2 ft a foot off the ground after I chunked them about 40 ft up I went to my MS261 to finish out the trees but I'm 73 years old. So that had a lot to do with it. Very good saw and it don't know when to quit. I have three Stihl saws if I only had one it would be the MS261 wioth 18 inch bar. I treat my saws better than I treat my wife. I put them away clean and sharp every night in the nice warm shop.  I am not a still nut they just work for me I also have a Sears Craftsman electric 4 hp 18 inch bar saw I use chunking at home when I get the Logs home I mistreat it. Should be ashamed of my self

CRThomas

Quote from: Higgins on December 30, 2013, 11:47:27 AM

Chris
In my area my choice was  Stihl do to he's right down the road. He has a mechanic on site they sell all kinds of Stihl supplies which in my area is a must or they loose there dealer ship. Plus me and the owner grew up to gether if I have to wait on repairs we talk about the good old days in Cairo IL. People have different reasons other than my saw is better than your saw. I don't burn firwood I don't need the money I do firewood to keep me alive youg people don't under stand that. After all day doing the firewood I sleep good and wake up ready to go the next morning and I love the sound of a chain saw and a logwhen it cracks on the splitter man that is the life if you don't love it get a gas furnace. My customers our my friends we visit when I deliver and have a little talk. If I'm not doing it right they tell me then I can do it right.

Yes, there are a few of us who have run the new 362C-M I have about 15 tanks of fuel through mine. So far it seems to be an excellent saw. I have not had any problems with the saw and have been impressed on how well it runs, even in the cold (down to -26F). It starts on the second pull, almost every time. I personally like the feel, the balance, and the power. I've said before, it is a fun saw--the more fuel I put through it the more fun it gets.

I am particularly interested to see how the Stihl performs in the heat of summer. The Husky 562XP (which I have ordered) reportedly suffered from use in heat. (I should disclose, the previous statement is based on owner statements taken from this forum, last summer). Although, I have not had an opportunity to test for myself, so please take that with a grain of salt. The rev boost feature found on the 562 interests me. Other than that, the husky and Stihl appear to be a very similar animal.

Regarding weight, the Stihl is published as .43 lbs heavier (12.57 vs 13.0). To me, this is negligible. To someone else, it may be a deal breaker. But, at the end of the day, we're talking a weight difference similar to a cup of water. Perhaps, when I have both units together, I'll do a scale test.

If you are specifically interested in the MS362C-M, I'm sure you will be very happy with it. It has better air filtration than the standard 362, the m-tronic seems to work well, the saw feels as though it has more power (subjective), and mine has very good fit and finish. Over-all, being that it is a new product, it is a bit early for me to fully endorse it. But, so far I am pleased.

Personally, I don't care what shade of orange the unit is, so long as it is dependable, reliable, and makes me money. I'm sure the 362C-M will replace your beloved 036, nicely.

I hope this helps and good luck with your search.

Thank You Sponsors!