iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Interesting Video

Started by Tree Feller, December 14, 2012, 12:37:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tree Feller

I stumbled across this last night looking for something else. The sawyer is one interesting guy and that frankenmill he runs is a marvel of junkyard engineering! I'm not real familiar with a South Georgia accent but the sawyer talks like he is from Mississippi. Anyway, he's a hoot.

It takes a while to get to the sawing part. I believe it's around 35 minutes into the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLCtq-P1dLA
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

Magicman

They are in need of some blade guides, but I did like the "sawdust knocker offer" block, and that rotary height measuring apparatus was something else.   ;D

I have never heard that accent in Mississippi.  The area code 229 on the telephone# indicates SW Gerogia.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

Thanks treefeller!  that was worth the watch! 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Bibbyman

Interesting they built a cantilever head design.

The sawdust exits out the idle side.  I don't know how it works pushing the blade through instead of pulling it.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

lowpolyjoe

"...if you get enough junk in a pile - it will spontaneously turn into something..."   :D

That's great.   Thanks for sharing.

Jeff

That's Steve Cross. He's been mentioned several times on the forum and a few of his videos posted. The last time his name came up was when that T.V. producer was on the forum looking for suggestions for a sawmill based reality series.  If it was done right, it could be really good, but I think because of Mr. Cross's Persona, I think television could be cruel because I think it impossible for T.V. now days to get it right. A straight out documentary would be awesome.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tree Feller

Quote from: Magicman on December 14, 2012, 08:08:32 AM
I have never heard that accent in Mississippi.  The area code 229 on the telephone# indicates SW Gerogia.

About half or more of the roughnecks working offshore in the GoM are from Mississippi. About half of those are from Wayne County unless they work for Helmerick & Payne, then they are from the Jackson area. The accent, especially the way he pronounced his "O's" sounded very similar to my Texas ears.   ;D

Those Wayne County roughnecks are some good ones, too.   ;)
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook

beenthere

An enjoyable video, and thanks for posting it.

The subtle humor was great and the "hootie"-like lift was of interest.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Bibbyman

Did they tell any details about the blade other than length?  I ran the video back and tried to hear but if they said, I didn't catch it.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

petefrom bearswamp

Long but interesting video, thoroughly enjoyed.
This yankee had to listen real close to understand some of the dialog.
Love your new look Jeff.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

bandmiller2

I got a real kick out of the ole boy unwinding that band he's been bit before.Would be interesting to see how they wound it in that tight loop. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

valley

Good warship thanks for post I hate to say it but I had no trouble understanding them
Have a great day unless you have other plans !!!

shelbycharger400

Id have to say also. That guy took the hard way to unwind that band.

Id pull the strings, give it a toss and hide behind something big.

Tree Feller

Quote from: shelbycharger400 on December 16, 2012, 09:22:33 PM
Id pull the strings, give it a toss and hide behind something big.

+1    :D :D :D
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook

dboyt

If they ever bring Junk Yard Wars back, I want him on my team!  Bet there's enough talent on FF to make anything out of nothing.
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

Thank You Sponsors!