iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Drated Beaver

Started by Qweaver, May 22, 2013, 07:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qweaver

I went out to mow and found my 3 year old Larch all cut down by a beaver.  They were about 3" dia and doing well.  We will be eating beaver soon.
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

giant splinter

Bone appetite
I have one here that I named "Chewey" and there is a nice hollow point with his name on it, Lewis and Clarke ate beaver tails frequently and commented on how great they where.
roll with it

JohnW

I thought beaver tongue was the big delicay with Lewis & Clark's men.

giant splinter

I thought it was Tail but in any case, save a tree eat a beaver!
roll with it

beenthere

Might be the tail, and here is a link of a fellow who tried it out. Apparently a pretty good source of fat if that is needed in a diet (and it very well may have been the reason for eating the beaver tail and how the skin blisters off when over a fire).

http://cannundrum.blogspot.com/2013/02/beaver-tail.html
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WH_Conley

I think it was Beaver tail and Buffalo tongue.
Bill

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Of course you could go to Newfoundland, Canada and try cod's tongue (that's cod fish tongue... battered and deep fried, mmmmmm mmmmmmm mmmmm goooooooood!)

Herb

clww

We were watching "Master Chef" on FOX last night. One of the contestants created a food dish from beaver tail.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

sumday

Beaver tail and grits ?

thecfarm

Last time I saw a beaver tail,a dog was chewing on it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

clww

I knew a guy that hung a beaver's tail off his shed. It was dripping oil for more than two years.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

trapper

I didn't care for it when I tried it.   In my opinion muskrat is much better.  Legs not the tail.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Howdy

A friend had beavers ravage his 10 year old peach orchard, cutting down over a dozen trees in a single night. They never got a chance to get to the rest of the trees.

Slabs

I've seen thousands of Alabama lowlands destroyed by beavers.  Yeah, the ponds make pretty good fishing but at a cost of timber and land accessability.

My favorite is fried beaver hams smothered in gravy with rice and a side of greens and cornbread.
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

Thank You Sponsors!