Sponsors:

Northern project 2020 cancelled till Fall

Started by Bruno of NH, February 01, 2020, 08:41:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

Northern Project 2020
Any interest?
Date?
Get together Friday as well for supper ?
Saturday sawing some thing?
Anyone want to give a class?
My mother has had a tough winter lost her younger brother.
So I don't know about food yet ?
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Sixacresand

We're interested!  We had a good time last year. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

51cub

I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

PAmizerman

Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

curved-wood

I would love to go. Too far away to fix my schedule, so not sure to go;  and hoping not to get caught in flooding help like last year. I still have some very good souvenirs from the experience 2 years ago. Thanks Bruno

Oliver05262

We will be there if at all possible. Claude, I hope you can attend. It was good to meet you and work together.
Oliver Durand
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

Jim_Rogers

Depends on a lot of things, need a date to be sure.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

celliott

Yep, date dependent but I'd like to come if I could make it work
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

GAB

Concerning date: At the VT Farm Show this past week someone said that the logging expo will be the 15TH and 16TH of May.  If so I would rule that weekend out.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

51cub

I stopped and talked to Jim today. We decided to take a poll. What dates does everybody have open? The logging expo is the 15th and 16th of May, so that's out. Let us know what else everybody is open for 
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

AnthonyW

Quote from: GAB on February 02, 2020, 08:04:47 PM
Concerning date: At the VT Farm Show this past week someone said that the logging expo will be the 15TH and 16TH of May.  If so I would rule that weekend out.
GAB

Where is this logging expo in May?
'97 Wood-Mizer LT25 All Manual with 15HP Kohler

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

51cub

The website says Essex Junction VT this year. Maine in the odd numbered years

VT-Woodchuck

Again, date dependent. I sure would like to make it!  8)

Bruno of NH

I was thinking for something different. 
If guys had old chainsaws that ran or worked over saws and big saws, we could have some show and tell/cutting demos.
Just a thought.

Oliver05262

Now I gotta get the big 1-76 McCullough going that I just picked up—-
Looking at a pair of 5-49's but I think they have been sitting around for a long, long time and won't be a quick fix.
 On a serious note, I think many of us do plan to go to the Loggers Expo in May. We have a grandson graduating from high school on Memorial Day weekend. Right now, it looks like any other weekend would be free for us.
Oliver and Harriett

For those who didn't hear, the Northern Logger said they have cancelled the April show in Bloomsburg, PA. Go their webpage or their weekly e-mail news to read about it. Not enough exhibitor interest.

Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

51cub

I'm with Oliver. I'm pretty well set for May except for the logging expo weekend and Memorial Day. I can go into June too if we have to

moodnacreek

Where would that be held and who is invited?

51cub

It'll be at Brunos mill in Springfield NH and you're invited

Bruno of NH

Is their interest in this ?
I'm getting the feeling not , this year for some resson.
What can I do to better the experience ?
If anything. 
Thanks

doc henderson

Bruno, it sounds like it was great last year.  I would love to come, but my schedule makes it hard to commit to early.  I am a definite maybe.  what is the usual time.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Bruno of NH

I'm still up in the air on a date
Because of the attendance issue.
What date would work for most.

btulloh

Might be a good idea to pick a couple possible dates and let people express a preference. 
HM126

K-Guy

It always seems like from Jan to the middle of June there is a lot going on. Maybe the end of June or the fall?
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

Bruno of NH

How about June this year 
The 19 and 20 th

Thank You Sponsors!