iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Norwood update

Started by moosehunter, April 29, 2005, 08:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moosehunter

Just recieved a new fangled belt adjuster from Norwood for my LM2000. It works. The old one did not put enough tension on the belt and was near imposable to center. The new design is much better with a tensioner bolt.
Just thought you LM2000 owners would like to know.
MH

edit; If you call to order one, ask for Dale and tell him you heard about it on the FF. I put a bug in his ear to become a sponser. They need to know that they need to be here ;D
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

dail_h

I gotta get me one of those,my stack of washers is grttin too tall :(
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

spokeshave

What's the cost of the upgrade?

Thanks.

Tim

ohsoloco

I'd be innerested in the cost of the upgrade myself.  Even with all the tension I can put on that belt it never seems to be tight enough  :-\

moosehunter

I used it tonight. It works. $19.00+shiping. The belt does not do the dance it always used to.
I bought this becouse another LM owner told Dale (at LM) that it helped the side to side head shake in large hardwood logs. I will be cutting some large Ash tomorro. I will report back on that. But just being able to tighten the belt is worth the price!
MH

moosehunter

Well,... it rained tommoro,which was the day before yesterday, it also rained yesterday, which was really the day after tommoro, got that?
So I'll post more when it stops DANG rainin' and I can cut again.
MH

ohsoloco

Thanks for the update so far moosehunter.  Sounds like a very reasonably priced upgrade.  I'm also interested to hear how it helps with the carriage shaking in large hardwood logs, that thing can really get rockin' sometimes.

Robert_in_W._Mi.

I've had mine for a while now, it looks to be an excelent upgrade.  It makes it very easy to get the belt right where you want it.

Everything you need comes in the kit, and once bolted on you can easily ajust the belt with the center bolt.

Here's a pict of it,

Robert

http://www.fototime.com/{5F88B810-D40C-4F23-8E50-E9DD889A74A9}/picture.JPG

Admin Note: Photo turned into link to photo. Photos exceeding forum size limits should be links so people with slow connections have the option to view.

moosehunter

The verdict......................
  I don't know if it helped with the shake. It seems less. Maybe it is, maybe wishfull thinking. It still shakes, maybe not as much though.
I was cutting 15" wide Ash slabs last night. Got some shake.
So my thoughts are; buy it for the belt, if it helps your shake, Great!

Robert,
You ain't used that thing yet have you. Mine hasn't been that clean sense I bought it :D
MH

Thank You Sponsors!