iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The first major snow storm of the year here

Started by farmerdoug, December 15, 2007, 08:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

Rain this time of year is never good . We have a lot of snow on the ground , if it does rain it will creat a crust and the deer will have it hard for the rest of the winter and it will take its toll on them ...  :-\
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Roxie

Quote from: Furby on December 19, 2007, 02:20:50 AM
........ good thing I'm laying on a nice warm beach! :)

Who wants to be the one to tell Furby he got a little too close to the water? 
Say when

Coon

We have close to three feet of the white stuff here.  Not sounding good either.  They are calling for a high of -2 C here for today with moisture.  I looked out the door a few minutes ago and it's so foggy that I could barely make out the truck which is parked about 40 feet from the door. ::)  Just hope the moisture we get doesn't come in the form of freezing rain.  It's already icy enough here.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Furby

That's what happens when you pick a spot on the beach while the tide is out and fall asleep, Roxie.
Maybe by the end of winter I'll have the tides figured out better.

Corley5

We spent an extra night downstate last weekend due to the storm.  I wasn't about to drive back in it on Sunday.  On the way to my wife's families place near Dryden Sunday afternoon I had snow rolling over the hood of the Dodge 4X4 Cummins.  There was more snow in the roads than the fields.  Her uncle said it was the worst storm there in 5 or six years
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

farmerdoug

Dryden,

I played football against Dryden when I went to high school at Yale.  You were in the next county to mine.  To bad I did not know you were in the area we could have meet for lunch or something.  Small world sometimes isn't it.

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Corley5

We missed visiting Grandpa this time so we're planning to be down that way again in few weeks.  We had lunch at the Big Boy in Imlay City on Sunday  :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

farmerdoug

I am in Imlay City often in the spring, summer, and fall.  That is where I pick up my sprays and fertilizer.  Also it is where I get some of the spider chasers I sell. ;)

Let me know when you are going to be down and I will see if I can hookup with you for lunch.  Have you ever been to the Berville Lions club consignment auction in the spring?

Farmerdoug
Doug
Fargo, MI

solodan

Finally starting to look like winter here. We only got an couple inches at my place cause it has been mixed precip. we were just about the snow line elevation for this storm. We are at 4500'. At 6000' it has snowed about 3 feet in the last few days, and above 8000 has probably seen more like 4 or 5 feet.  It looks like we should be seeing storms through next week. The ski resorts are finally opened. :)

SwampDonkey

We've had 4 snow storms in the last week, 2" to 8" in each, including one that finished at 11 am this morning, but the wind is still blowing and into tomorrow. Getting some of Furb's warm air come Sunday into the lower 30's. I've used the blower more this past December than I have in 5 years.  :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sawguy21

You guys can have my share and play in it all you want. I have had enough.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

isawlogs

Kinda early in the season to be throwing in the towel now Mr. Sawguy . sheeshhhhh she's going to be a long one .  smiley_wavy smiley_wavy smiley_wavy  :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

They have been getting heavier snowfall amounts to my south. The weatherman showed last night's radar and you could see a band of heavy snow to my south through Houltan, Me and Woodstock, NB. At times they were getting 3-4" an hour in that band. Some places got 22" snow.  :o

In the last storm they said Halifax flights were going to be held up for 12 days.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Furby

Quote from: SwampDonkey on January 02, 2008, 09:09:57 PM
Getting some of Furb's warm air come Sunday

Not real sure how to take that one. :-\ smiley_headscratch

farmerdoug

We received 12 inches New Year's morning.  Wet heavy stuff that was hard on one of the greenhouses.  Back southeast of us around Capac and Dryden they received 18 inches. 

But never fear Furby's air will melt it all this weekend. ::) :D :D :D
Doug
Fargo, MI

Dave Shepard

The last ten inches or so was pretty fluffy, but we had about eight before that which was pretty heavy. Just enough traction to get you far enough up on the snow bank to loor really foolish when you get hung up. ::) :D

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

solodan

Well we have not received much yet this year :-\, maybe four feet total this year in the high country. Probably only 8" total this year at my place. I have only plowed once this season. The news is really building this next one up though. ??? They are claiming five to ten feet of snow to fall by the end of the weekend. We should start to get some by the end of tommorrow, but I think we will start off with rain in the lower elevations. I would rather get snow than rain. It is almost certain we will loose power. Sometimes we can loose power for days or even weeks. :-\ 

Thank You Sponsors!