iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My Pig Roast

Started by Radar67, July 18, 2011, 04:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radar67

Dave, that is a drill, we are not plagued with much rock down this way, so the drilling usually goes fast.

My camera on the phone was set to Sepia and I didn't catch it until I downloaded the images. I like it though, gives it a good worn out look.

Bill, I do have power on site already.

My next task is to get the foundation work done.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

WDH

MM and Lj are recently experienced  ;D.  There sure is a lot of building going on in South Mississippi! 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Reckon we could start a traveling carpenter team  ???
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Radar67

My well is complete, a little over budget, but done. 210 feet with the last 60 in water sand. They hit water at 85 feet and the pump is at 135 feet. Good, clear, cold water. No odors or bad taste. Total bill just shy of $4700.

Danny, I've been building for 6 years now, just moving really slow.  :) I've done my share of building professionally, so this will be easy in a sense, but hard to. I am a little like both LJ and MM, will do most of the work by myself and not get in a big hurry to get finished. I'm still gathering wood for the exterior walls, floor, and roof. When I have enough to get it dried in, I'll get started on the framing.

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

Magicman

Congrats on the well.  smiley_thumbsup   It's sort of an anxious time waiting to see; if there is water, how much water, and then if it is good.   ;)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Wells are a necessary part of country living.  Treating the water from a country well is part of country living  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Radar67

Danny, I hope the only treating I have to do is straight out of the hose and into my mouth (treating me!) I will have it tested in 30 days once the fines and everything settles. It is currently a little cloudy, but still needs to run a few days. A temporary sprinkler is in the works to get some grass started.

Lynn, we knew the water was there, just didn't know exactly how far down we had to go. The neighbor's well is 160 feet deep and they hit water at 20 feet. He is about 60 feet lower in elevation than me. They hit a 20 foot thick section of stone with his, only hit a few inches of sandstone on mine.

I used the same driller as my neighbor did. I found out they do the majority of all the wells in the area and a big portion of the wells in South Mississippi.

Don K

Con grats on the well, Terry. I was just wondering yesterday if you had been able to get it done. I look forward to seeing it and tasting some good well water.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Radar67

I can tell you for fact that it is good water. I've already had a fair share of it, and cold, let me tell you, it will cool you off quick in the heat we have had.

WDH

Nothing like drinking your own water.  It is like sawing your own wood  ;D.

SwampDonkey

Hard to beat good water.  8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

Fresh well water tastes better than any glass of iced water.  Maybe it's a "head" thing, but I have early childhood memories of drawing a bucket of cool well water.  MMmmm.   :)

clww

Congratulations on your new well, and I hope everything keeps working as it should for you there.
That's something I get to pursue in the next couple of years when I start building the retirement cabin up in the mountains.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Thank You Sponsors!