iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

hernia

Started by thecfarm, June 25, 2022, 06:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbender

Chet, that cracks me up!😂 I had an older friend that was in a motorcycle accident, and had his pelvis broken. He said the worst part in all of it was that area turned, "jet black"! I said ,"my gosh, that must've been terrible!". "Grown men saw it and wept" was his reply😂
Too many irons in the fire

thecfarm

Just got home.
It was a 2 hour surgery, just like he said. He found nothing else wrong.
Not bad right now, but when all that local stuff wears off!!!!!
I just took a pain pill too.
Coughing is an issue.  :o
I held onto my left groin area as I was coughing when the nurse was reading the discharge papers. Nurse said, That's what you need to do.
I told her, I've been holding My Buddy for a month now. Glad he is gone.
Lift nothing heavier than a coffee cup!!!!
I am on The Road to recovery!!!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Old Greenhorn

Outstanding Ray! 8) 8)
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

thecfarm

I have another Buddy now, Called an Ice Bag.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

:D :D

Recover gracefully. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

wisconsitom

Lean forward to cough my friend.  Helps a lot.
Ask me about hybrid larch!

thecfarm

Yes, I've been leaning forward for a few weeks. 

breederman

Glad it went well.
Together we got this !

thecfarm

randy, things are going well, pain wise.
Wife went and bought me crocs, foot wear and kinda like pajamas bottoms to wear when I left the hospital. That helped out a lot. 
I'm a boot and jean kinda guy. Or was until all this happened.
Hard to bend over. One leg is straight out behind to pick something off the floor. which I don't do much.
All my morning stuff use to be in the bottom draw, it's on the bathroom sink now.
Just feels stiff as someone posted here. Ice bag is on me now. Bed is the hardest to get out of.
I have an office chair that I am sitting on in front of the computer. That helps to lower myself down, same as the arms on the crouch.
Walking is not much better now either.
I feel much better, mind wise now. All the Doctors and everyone in the office kept telling me if I am in a lot of pain and start to vomit go to the E room!!!  
A person can die from that.
That death threat is gone now. :D

chet

Rest assured Ray, in a couple days you'll feel much better. :)  Just remember ta be a good boy and stay away from da lifting for awhile. 
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

realzed

Yep - everything in great moderation and soft foods to keep 'everything' soft for a few days..
If it hurts - it's talking to you and telling you something - Listen to it!!
Happy Healing!
Randy..

samandothers

Glad all is going well with recovery.  Take it easy!

wisconsitom

Yeah, have somebody else do the rock moving for a couple weeks 👌.
Ask me about hybrid larch!

randy d

It's good to hear your recovery has started 
. Did they want to do therapy training with you I opted out of therapy session.  Randy

thecfarm

I asked the Dr about what I could do. He said nothing. Just walking would help the most. I questioned him again and said I want to make that part stronger, and he told me there was nothing that could be done for that.
Just so you know I have some black and blue down there too.  :o

Don P

The last one I told the doc, as long as you are in the neighborhood, tie a knot in that thing. I almost screamed when I looked  :D. 

We got home and the next evening Prairie Home was doing their annual joke show, I was in good spirits and enjoying it but had to turn it off.

WDH

Grits, cooked correctly, are soft food :).  Just so you know............
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

I was told by The Doctor to stay away from all corn products because corn is hard to digest.

chet

has da wife called ya Arnie yet?   :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

doctorb

Just let your symptoms be your guide, and don't make up your mind today what you're gonna do tomorrow.  You'll find be happier if you don't poke the beehive. ;D
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

thecfarm

We have a westie, she likes to sleep on top of the couch, then when a logging truck goes up or down the road she jumps down onto the couch and heads for the front door just a barking. I have to keep a pillow on my lap all the time when she is up there. 99% of the time she misses the beehive. But there is always a chance she might jump right on it.  :o
There is a guy that lives above us that install generators, she hates that truck too, UPS truck too.
We live on a dead end dirt road.
So what goes up the hill, must come down.
Getting up and down is still the issue. Once up or down all is fine. It's just getting there is the problem.

thecfarm

Randy, buy some stool softener. Everyone is very concerned about me going. Well, I went today.  :D  So that milestone is behind me, but I am still taking the stool softener to make sure. I never had any problems, but I am told now is not the time to have problems.
Still having a hard time getting up and down. Once up or down, not bad, just getting there is the problem. 
Stiff is a good way to describe it.
Yes, the Dr did give me some powerful pain killers.  I think 7 pills, almost done with them. 
As I say, I have no idea if they helped or not. No way to take them, then turn the clock back and not take them and see how the pain is then.

thecfarm

Randy, day 4, is much better, I can get up off the crouch without making a face and at a normal speed.  ;D 
So that has really lifted my spirits.
I have not been out of the house since Monday. I did go out and show the wife how to put diesel into her tractor, so I guess I was out of the house. 
I do plan on going for a walk. But it's hard!!! I see all the things that need to be done and I know I cannot do them for quite a while.   :(
All in time.

SwampDonkey

Don't be too hard on yourself, things was easier and faster at 30. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

randy d

Well today I canceled all appointments they kept adding new ones on I think they were trying to drive up the bill VA was paying for most of it. So I told them to take a hike lived with it for a long time and think I will live with it for a lot longer. I have a of bunch of sawing to do to. Great to hear you are doing well. Randy

Thank You Sponsors!