iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawing project 2023

Started by customsawyer, January 03, 2023, 04:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen1

I have been wanting to attend for a few years now.  Maple Syrup season is just ending for us up here  and I can always do clean up when we get home. 8)
Cathy and I  make 27 + 28
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

DbltreeBelgians

I'm not missing out on this again!!!
Count Jill and me in at 29&30

DblTreeBelgians  smiley_horserider

Brent & Jill 
Rawson, Ohio 

okmulch

Me and Jennifer will be making the trip again this year hope it's warmer less windy, we have enough wind in Oklahoma.  Except this time we are flying in not driving.  31 and 32. 
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

customsawyer

Been doing a little talking with Caveman behind the scenes. He has come up with a great idea of having a wood/drendo ID class on Friday.  So if any of you have a piece of wood that you would like to bring that would be great. I think this would be a great way to honor Danny. I can hear ole big words sitting on the roller table telling us all why we are wrong. :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

K-Guy

Quote from: okmulch on January 05, 2023, 06:17:21 PMwe have enough wind in Oklahoma.

You aint seen wind until you've seen what Jake puts out.:D
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

WDFL

Amazing response.  
Put me as tentative, sounds like a good time and learning opportunity.
Coming from Apopka, FL
LT15(S) w/GO Option
Kubota L2501 HST w/Grapple
Collector of antique 2-cylinder John Deere tractors

fishpharmer

I am driving from Manning, South Carolina.  34 if @WDLF makes it.  I can bring anything or do anything needed to help.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

trimguy

Joy and I will make 35 & 36.

OlJarhead

Wish I could!  Just a little too far to take the road and too much $$$ to fly :( 
2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

Mossy Chariot

Tony B
LT35HD, Riehl Edger, Woodmaster 725 Planer/Molder, Nyle 53 Drying Kiln, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, T750 Bobcat, E50 Excavator, Kubota 3450, Wallenstein Skidding Winch, Vermeer BC1250 Chipper, Stihl 250 & 460, Can-Am Defender

WV Sawmiller

Howard and Becky Green (WV Sawmiller) 37 & 38. Hinton WV.

I will likely contact some of you later about which hotels you are staying at and do the same.

BTW if any of the wives are into Quilting or Photography Becky may bend their ears about both topics.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

doc henderson

Georgia is into (getting into) quilting.

My wife, not the whole state! :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Deese

I'll be there. #39?
Jake, I have a huge Osage Orange log that's too heavy for the Kubota to lift. I've had it for years. I believe it's only about 8 feet long. It is dry and it is HARD. But it would make some pretty slabs using your dedicated slabber. That is, if you're not scared  :D. It may be too much for you. 

And now I am cringing as I prepare for a blistering response.  smiley_ignore  :D :D 
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

Deese

Actually #39 & #40. Me plus one. 
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

Andries

Quote from: Deese on January 20, 2023, 02:35:15 PM. .  That is, if you're not scared  :D. It may be too much for you.
And now I am cringing as I prepare for a blistering response.  smiley_ignore  :D :D
Nah Deese, Jake thrives on that type of motivation.
 You've hit two outta five buttons, I'm guessing . .  . 😂
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

customsawyer

If you're man enough to bring it I will saw it. There was some that thought we should cut something easier than the pecan we did last year. However we got that one done.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Nomad

I believe I'm #41, but don't quote me on that. (I definitely be there, but the my actual number in the lineup is iffy.)
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Cedarman

Dick and Jane and Danielle will be#42,43,44.
Now if I can just figure out how to get around Atlanta.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

moosehunter

I have reservations at the Hampton inn. Not the cheapest but in my limited travels have always found them to be clean and friendly.
Planned route is 15 - 81 - 77 - 20. It will just be me in the car so if anyone wants to share fuel costs I would be willing to share the ride. Driving on Thursday, return Sunday.
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

GAB

Quote from: Cedarman on January 23, 2023, 06:48:34 AM
Dick and Jane and Danielle will be#42,43,44.
Now if I can just figure out how to get around Atlanta.
To the vehicle you will be driving apply some STUDENT DRIVER stickers.
The dentier and rustier the vehicle, the better.
Hope to see you there.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

WV Sawmiller

What time do the events start on the first day? I need to know whether to come the night before or whether driving from Charlotte that morning would be pushing it. 
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

customsawyer

We will start around 9:00 on Friday giving some that are still traveling a little more time to get here. Saturday we will start around 8:00 as folks are here already. Lots of folks show up on Thursday afternoon and pitch in putting the finishing touches on everything that I haven't gotten to. Some get here early on each of the other days to help getting things set up that are needed. We aren't very regimented. If something takes a little longer to get finished then it does. If we get done early then there is more time for questions and such. One of the things that is good about this is if someone is having trouble grasping something then there is no reason we can't slow down until everyone gets it. Other times they get with the instructor latter in the day or at lunch and corner them until they get it. Some of the best sharing is around the table, bon fires, or on the porch.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Mossy Chariot

Tony B
LT35HD, Riehl Edger, Woodmaster 725 Planer/Molder, Nyle 53 Drying Kiln, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, T750 Bobcat, E50 Excavator, Kubota 3450, Wallenstein Skidding Winch, Vermeer BC1250 Chipper, Stihl 250 & 460, Can-Am Defender

RichTired

I'll make #45.

I will also be glad to bring plates, cups, or whatever items needed.
Wood-Mizer LT15GO, Kubota L2800, Husqvarna 268 & Stihl 241 C-M chainsaws, Logrite cant hook, Ford F-150 Fx4

Richard

Leemcclure55

I'll be making the trip this year for first time. Gonna bring my guys with me. So we will be
#46,47,48 49.
Lee mcclure
Canton,ga

Thank You Sponsors!