iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Keeping frozen lumber from sliding off of forks

Started by barbender, January 24, 2023, 06:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southside

I knew you hit him good but didn't realize you pushed him across the road and into the ditch before realizing that you had backed into him.  :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

barbender

😂😂 I think the truck boss considered what I did to be a mercy killing😂 

The guy parked the truck, took the insurance money, and got a job in the mill. Trucks still sitting in his yard, I guess.
Too many irons in the fire

customsawyer

The easiest way to fix the "frozen lumber on forks thing" is to move south. I just ask that y'all wait until I've hung up my hat. I'm not to fond of crowded places.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Walnut Beast

Carry a little container of salt and put on the forks 😂

barbender

I have an almost fanatical hatred of salt except for putting it on food😁
Too many irons in the fire

Percy

Quote from: customsawyer on January 26, 2023, 03:39:30 AM
The easiest way to fix the "frozen lumber on forks thing" is to move south. I just ask that y'all wait until I've hung up my hat. I'm not to fond of crowded places.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

KEC

I'm no authority here, but a thought about uneven forks. IIRC, many forks attach to the forklift at an eye, then go down to a 90 degree bend, then out to the tips. You can lift the forks which tilts the vertical part away from the machine. So tack weld a piece of flat steel on the back side of the vertical part of the low fork to tilt it up. I'm sure you guys will tell me if this sounds plausible. Or take it to someone who deals with such things and have him  bend one fork. 

JoshNZ

You're thinking tractor forks, hustler made a model like that where they could hinge back over the tractor so it could be driven on the road without spearing cars. Can't be done on a normal forklift, they slide in a groove top and bottom.

You can press forks around easy enough though find someone with a 40tonner.

I have this same problem with logs I've left too long in the shade that are wet/greasy, drives me nuts. Using a forklift around a sawmill is like going to a dinner party with both arms in full length straight plaster casts I reckon.

Thank You Sponsors!