iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rehab After Fall

Started by Andy White, September 15, 2015, 07:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy White

It has been 16 days since I dove on my head on the driveway. Still hurting in left shoulder, and right wrist. Shop is in a total mess, and needs rearrangement of my hand tools. I need a handsaw and plane till to keep everything in one place, and semi dust free. The 10 gun cabinet that I had in the old house is now not in use, so we will save a few steps, and repurpose it!! After a close look, and some culling and selections, I now have a place for ten of my handsaws, and six of the smaller ones, tennon, dovetail, and flush cut  Below them, I now have all my hand planes sorted and stored where I can reach them as needed. All the wood bodied planes, and the boxes of cutters, and misc. parts for the metal planes are stored below. I think I will also store my jigs, water stones, and DMT plates in there too. All this work, and now I will have to come up with a system for all my chisels! I may use the Cherry wood cabinet I had my planes in. If I can figure a system, I'll post later.     

I will also need room for the timber framing chisels and slick, and the set of Buck Bros. chisels I use for" beaters"
around the shop. After that, it will be time to work on the lathe, as DEN DEN made a recommendation for a good chuck for bowl turning!!! Got everything ready, and some Mississippi Walnut crotches ready to try!!   Going to be a busy season!!   ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8)    Andy

Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

lowpolyjoe

Thanks for giving us a peek at your collection.  That cabinet looks like a perfect home for everything.

Hope the shoulder and wrist heal up for you. 

Magicman

Your left shoulder and right wrist may still be hurting, but your head is OK.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

petefrom bearswamp

Love your fancy storage cabinet.
Hope you are pain free soon
Pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

21incher

Great way to recycle a unused cabinet. Hope you are all healed up soon. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

samandothers

Great repurposed cabinet! Use it up, wear it out, make it so or do without!

Get better quick!

YellowHammer

Hope you get better quick.  I was looking at the pictures, and something seemed odd, but I couldn't put my finger on it.  Then I realized that none of your tools have power cords!  It made me break into a cold sweat.   :D
Anyways great looking stuff and it sounds like you don't have the time to be hurt. 

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Delawhere Jack

Oh! Those poor homeless guns!!!  ;D

Well, your tools have a nice home, and they're probably more useful than guns on a daily basis.

Keep working on the lighter tasks for a while while you heal up. It will pay off when you're back to 100%.

Sixacresand

Hope you are are about cured by now, Andy.   Good job on the tool cabinet.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Bill Gaiche

Nice way to refurb. Andy. You shot that one out of the park. bg

Thank You Sponsors!