iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Seafood

Started by sawguy21, September 17, 2011, 11:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawguy21

Karen flat out outdid herself tonight. She cooked a big bowl fresh mussels and clams with tomatoes, onion, and garlic in raspberry balsamic vinegar. The main course was breaded ling cod with Caesar salad and a baguette. All I can say is WOW!!!
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Norm

Boy that sounds good, we don't get much for seafood here in the midwest.

Raider Bill

I had a nice broiled seafood plate last night too!  Scallops, shrimp, Grouper all fresh caught with a light tomato, garlic juice.

Delish!!

Norm and Patty,
Come on down, My Treat!!!!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Texas Ranger

Any where on the Gulf or Atlantic coast, Norm and Patty, oysters are just coming in.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

sandhills

Alright folks, I'm west of Norm and Patty but in the same boat as far as the seafood, pictures will be required.  ;D

clww

I'm right by the seafood and that sounds like a great dinner, sawguy! Kudos to the Mrs. 8)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Patty

We have tried to get fresh seafood flown in, and it is hit and miss at best. Just last week we threw away 10 pounds of supposedly fresh shrimp. It was so rancid that it stunk up the kitchen like crazy.  >:(

I guess the seller figured we were far enough away that we can't pay him a visit with his foul shrimp. And shipping it back to him would do nothing but cost us even more money..
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Raider Bill

Patty,

How was it packaged? Foam box with dry ice?
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Texas Ranger

Just an observation from previous experience, never eat raw oysters in Colorado. steve_smiley steve_smiley steve_smiley
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Norm

These are supposedly quick frozen in blocks of 5lbs. I bought 15lbs and just thawed out the last block Patty's talking about. Of course by now months have gone on and the seller says we told you to check them on arrival.

Bill they are shipped in styro with dry ice. These were bad they day they froze them at the processing plant.

Thank You Sponsors!