iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

MAN BITES DOG

Started by els512, June 02, 2006, 03:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

els512

Hello everyone, I have been looking at this board ever since I bought my little sawmill a year ago.  All the comments have helped me make some great decisions regarding purchases and all other phases of cutting.  I have looked from afar but now have decided that I am worthy to post since I have now heard for the first time the sound a blade makes when it hits a dog.  I don't know how many times I said" that won't happen to me" but I stand humbled before you all.  again thank you all for the great info.  Eric S.

jpgreen

Now that's a story..  ;D

Welcome to sawdust heaven Eric..  8)

I gotta git back out there to work on my orange thingy..  :)
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

treecyclers

els,
There's only one more thing that you must do to be completely one with this fine group.
WE WANT PHOTOS!
;)
We've all been there and done that, and our mills have the scars to prove it!
Welcome to the "DanGit! Buzzed My Dawg!" crew!
Superdave
I wake up in the morning, and hear the trees calling for me...come make us into lumber!

twoodward15

eric, ya gotta tell where you are from too, inquiring minds want to know!
108 ARW   NKAWTG...N      Jersey Thunder

els512

I live on the end of Long Island NY  In the Hamptons.  East Quogue to be specific.  Yes regular people live here too.  I still can't believe how much enjoyment I get turning round things into rectangles.  every one of my friends who brings a log over to mill up says that after they see the results, they never look at a tree the same way.  Forget about beautiful crowns or graceful branches.... did you see how straight and tall that trunk is?  how many board feet can I get out of it?  What a piece of furniture I can make with it.    And I have to admit I am now the biggest culprit.   I have been bitten bad

jpgreen

I wonder if the mob could use some milling..?

On second thought, better not give them any ideas..  :D

I could see a WoodMizer parked out back at Satriales...  :o
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

Jeff

Welcome to the forum els512  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

kelLOGg

The covnentional sawmill wisdom (so I'm told) says that you will saw the squaring arms only once then you will always remember to put them down. It is completely false. :-[
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Tom

Correcto-mundo, O maker of cereal.  :D

I bear witness to the fact that an 1 1/4 blade will eventually saw completely through a 1 x 3 bar of steel.  If one perserveres, and applies enough blades, severing two is possible.  ;D

Tony

A cousin wanted to watch the mill run , ;D so, never one to let the
chance to make a little sawdust and showoff at the same time pass me by,
I said anytime ;D

Well the day came and cuz came over, and I started making sawdust.
Don't know why, but I looked a the hr meter (300) and thought, man, I haven'
"bit a dog" like some of those fellers on the FF, ;D then guess what  :o :o
AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH  it happened  :o :o    And ya'll wouldn't
believe that it was my last sharp blade, now would you ::) ::)  I think my jaw went slack and agape in utter awe and amazement :o :o  I looked at cuz
and told him, well we're done for the day here, please come back. ::) ::)

Now, I've eaten a lot of crow and humble pie, but I think that dog  tasted the worst  smiley_sick smiley_sick

Tony

TK1600, John Deere 4600 W\frontendloader, Woodmaster718 planer\moulder, Stihl MS461 Stihl 036 & 021 & Echo CS-370
"You cannot invade the mainland United States.  There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."  Adm. Isoroku Yamamotto ( Japanese

Thank You Sponsors!