iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Replacing 026

Started by JW IN VA, September 29, 2016, 04:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JW IN VA

I may need to get another saw.I been looking at MS 261,Husq.550XP and Jonsered 2253.Retail about the same as are weight and hp.What about the 545 Husky or Jonsered 2252? Have all three dealers but Jonsered is a newer dealer.The lower priced Husq?Jon saws are at 3.2 hp same as my 026.
I have an MS362 for larger trees I may cut.Mostly this saw would be for cutting  pulp wood size stuff and clearing fencerows.
FWIW I once owned a 359 Husq (today's 555).Liked its cutting but hard to start.Might hae been me.
???

btulloh

I also have the MS362 and and a 20 year old 026.  Fortunately the 026 is still running great after rebuilding the carb.  It should be worn out, but it's not. 

If something happened to the 026 I think I'd go with the MS261 (which is the new version of the 026?? I think).  Dealing with two different dealers for parts and service doesn't sound like a good idea to me, unless there's a REALLY significant reason to get a different brand. 

I didn't think I'd like the new M-tronic stuff and lack of adjustment, but so far I'm really happy with the MS362 and I would hope the MS261 would be as good.  Just my opinion. 
HM126

thecfarm

Alway talk about the big three. I won a Efco saw on the FF and I have used that small saw alot. I've used it alot for 2 years. Last year I ran it steady,through the winter months too. We did not get much snow,so I was cutting small stuff all year with it. I do use it some to cut off a high stump that was left by the logger that logged my land and I bury the bar once in a while. Nothing I make a habit of,it would not stand up to that. But 6-8 inches through it does a good job on. I do have a husky 372,but hardly used it last year at all.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Magicman,sad to read that link. I guess I am just lucky with mine. Never had any repairs done to it as yet.And as I said,it gets used alot. I am happy with it,so far.  ;)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ada Shaker

Quote from: Magicman on September 29, 2016, 09:45:19 PM
Beware of Efco:  CHAINSAWR

Never heard of efco b4 and after reading your link, don't say I want too either. Hope they came with warranty cards....shame the agents got canned.
If it hangs to the left, your likely to be a Husqvarna man.
If it hangs to the right, your likely to be a Stihl man.
Anything else is an uncomfortable compromise.
                             AND
Walking with one foot on either side of a barbed wire fence can become extremely uncomfortable at times.

Thank You Sponsors!