iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

hydraulic motor heating up on LT40

Started by Dan_Shade, February 11, 2007, 02:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan_Shade

i've noticed the pump on my saw heating up and slowing down a few times on my LT40, I've also noticed the the frame where the chain bolts onto the side of it getting very hot as this is happening. 

Is this a common problem?  is my pump motor on the way out? 
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

MartyParsons

You have a bad ground! Check the ground brush on the bottom rail  ( Between the bottom rollers under the battery box. Use sand paper or emery wool and clean the bottom rail below the Hot contact strip. If this is ok Make sure the ground wire from the pump motor or if it does not have a ground wire check that the pump mounting bolts are not loose. If the pump grounds through the cam bearings they will pitt (Arc) and fail. The bottom rail should be cleaned and oiled every 8 hours with ATF or before you operate the mill if the rail has rusted. Hope this helps.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Dan_Shade

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Thank You Sponsors!