iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A Shoutout and Thank You to Jeff

Started by Magicman, February 03, 2024, 07:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

We have all gone through a week feeling like we had a lost puppy.  We regularly looked but it still was not there.  During that week we were inconvenienced but the load fell on Jeff's shoulders because the puppy was his.  He spent untold hours agonizing and not sleeping but it was not until a heavy hitter came onboard that the puppy was ultimately found.  (The last posts in the Weird topic details where the puppy was hiding.)

This changeover was  partially funded by a Forestry Forum member that seldom posts, but he is solid with his support.

This would be a very appropriate time for all of us to lend some financial support by clicking on the PayPal link on the left and providing as much support as we possibly can.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Thanks Lynn, but honestly where we owe the gratitude is to Lurk and Tino. Neither one of these guys had any stake in this. They came like angels.

I want to share two private messages with you guys to show how blessed we are to have these 2 guys appear. 

Quote from: tino on February 02, 2024, 03:08:13 PM
Quote from: Jeff on February 02, 2024, 02:40:53 PMTino, you do not know how stressed out I was. I started this forum in oct of 2000 using Yabb cgi, which eventually became this. That database has been built over almost 24 years.  I was once able to do everything myself. Not anymore. We dont know if it was covid, or something else, but my mind has changed. Its kinda broke like the
 forum was.

I would be honored if you stuck around. This is a great group. A lot of us have grown old together, some of us have died.  Not sure if you are interest in the subject matter, but I'll  bet some. Everyone likes trees eh?

Do you have a paypal email? Jeremy and I would at least like to treat you to dinner.

Thanks again, and please feel welcome here.

:)

That's very kind of you, but no need.

All I ask is that if you can help someone else in the future, then do so.

My Grandad was a joiner, so he preferred felled tree's. I still have a lot of his tools which got passed down.

I'll pop in every now and then, if there is a more serious issue then you have my email address.

Quote from: lurk on February 02, 2024, 03:07:15 PMDid I also mention that tino is a consulting deveveloper for SMF, their developers ask him when they have issues, so I he can't fix SMF then we're screwed.  lol..  O0

Lurk builds a content managing system for our forum software. It replaces the old broken outdated one we had. This is how over time we will add the things back like the toolbox and dictionaries and sponsors and the ability to do some really neat stuff in the future.

He might not want me to do this but I'm doing it anyway.  How many of you guys stop by the convenience store every morning for coffe. Or maybe a rub off ticket or sodas.  How about skipping one morning and going over to https://www.tinyportal.net/ checking out Mick's  product,  and check out the paypal donate button on the bottom of the page. I sure did.

Thanks for your patience everyone.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Jeez louise!  I forgot to mention!  THANK YOU Aaron!!!  @okmulch and his company custom wood fibers who funded the move from the old server to the new server.I thought because of my challenges paying to have it done was th

Magicman

Now would be a good time for the hundreds of Guest that visit each day to become FF members.  I just looked and there were 467 Guests, 21 Users presently viewing the Forestry Forum. 

Guys and Gals visiting, join and share some of your logging, sawing, woodworking, or even food interest.  We would love to hear from you.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Lest us not forget a shoutout to @okmulch for funding the move of data from the old server to the new!  I had no idea how I was going to accomplish this, and here comes Aaron and Custom Wood Fibers to save us from that concern,

AND!!!!

Shout out for to Jeremy Brokaw @Nobohdy, my Son for sticking with me, keeping me on track and all the things he did and is still doing to get us to the other side.

We all made a great team, assembled by, I am sure, the good Lord.

lurk

To be clear, I don't actually build the portal software, that's down to the TinyPortal developers who are currently tino and @rjen.

Myself, I was on the TinyPortal support team for many years, and when the original author decided to call it a day and stop development I decided to ask him if I could take the project over and try and keep it alive.. This was a few years ago. When he said yes, we moved the whole lot over to my own hosting

Now I have very limited coding skills so was so lucky when tino and @rjen offered to help out.  tino ended up rewriting the whole portal script from top to bottom to bring it up to modern standard, and @rjen is constantly fixing stuff, updating the portal and adding features.

The hard work is done by those two guys, not me. I still try to offer support where I can, and keep the support site going. 
My FF Gallery
TGMForum The Garden Machinery Forum

barbender

Gosh, an undertaking of this magnitude an no one will even take credit for making it happen- sounds like great team work! 
Too many irons in the fire

beenthere

Quote sounds like great team work!

True to the traditional spirit of the Forestry Forum. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SawyerTed

Thanks to everyone involved!  
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

thecfarm

For sure double sure!!!!!!
Thanks to all involved to keep the FF going.
I hate to eat breakfast alone.  :Dlo
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ron barnes

Thanks to everyone involved in the huge undertaking and the success as well. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Onthesauk

In addition, thanks for the enormous increase of site speed.  No matter the time of the day seems to be far faster then I've ever had in the past!
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

Jeff

Ya, she seems to be quick for sure. Lots for secure to so I shouldn't have to spend entire weekends playing I.P. address wack-a-mole

Firewoodjoe

Yes the site is working great. Thanks. I was hoping the pics would be easier for me but my phone just takes to big of pictures I guess. I have to download an app in order to properly change the size. 

Jeff

I doubt that very much. If your phone takes that large of pictures, it has the ability not to, or to edit. You just need to figure that out. another app just ads to the complexity.

Firewoodjoe

Thank You Sponsors!