iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Spring Time

Started by Magicman, March 06, 2018, 12:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

And the sweet smell of a lawn being mowed for the first time. smiley_daisy

It seems to loose that smell when the grass toughens up a bit later but for now, the aroma is strong.   
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Roger2561

Mowing lawn?  In my area of NH we're expecting up to 14 inches of snow tomorrow night.  It'll be awhile before we even think of getting the lawn mower out of storage, it's still snow blower time around here.  Roger
Roger

WV Sawmiller

Yeah, I'm watching mine start to grow. Saw some red of maple pollen yesterday and our Forsythia bushes are budding out and one was open yesterday. They are first to bloom here with cherry and such next. We may get snow flurries tomorrow per weather report.

I put my mower in shop 2 weeks ago. Looks like I need a new deck shell as the holes where the spindle screws/bolts go through have wallowed out too much to hold and they are in a fluted area where it nearly impossible to weld repair. It should be ready later this week or early next week. 
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

BBK

Daffodils are popping up but the grass is still dormant here in southern MD.
I love Farming, Logging, Sawmilling, Fishing, and Hunting.

Kwill

Won't be long the copperheads will be crawling and the morels will be popping out
Built my own hydraulic splitter
Built my own outdoor wood stove
Built my own log arch
built my own bandsaw sawmill
Built my own atv log arch.
Built my own FEL grapple

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: Magicman on March 06, 2018, 12:12:07 PM
And the sweet smell of a lawn being mowed for the first time. smiley_daisy

It seems to loose that smell when the grass toughens up a bit later but for now, the aroma is strong.  
Now that you mention it...  After a couple weeks of unseasonably warm weather in January, I had to cut the grass and it did smell real good.  I cut it one more time and today its needing another trimming.  About every 2 or 3 weeks right now.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

WLC

MM, That is a good smell.  I look forward to it.  BUT, It will be in June before I do.  We will have snow on the ground until sometime in early May and the grass won't start growing until late May.
Woodmizer LT28
Branson 4wd tractor
Stihl chainsaws
Elbow grease.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Everytime I smell a fresh mowed lawn I can't help but think about a fresh cut Watermelon.
Don't know why but I do.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

coxy

im glad I'm not the only freak on here  :D

Magicman

Our Daffodils have already bloomed out and gone here.  The Jasmines are in full color, and the Wisteria is just waking up.  There are blooms beginning to pop out on our Azaleas.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Kbeitz

I seen 5 Robins last week...
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Ed_K

Snow drops are showin flowers but they'll be buried tomorrow night 10"-12" called for >:(.
Ed K

E fan

round here it'll be the smell of onions being cut up for the first few mowings  >:(

Thank You Sponsors!