iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ISO hog hunting near memphis...

Started by etroup10, July 26, 2018, 10:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

etroup10

Will be going to lumber grading school in memphis. Was hoping to experience a little bit of hog hunting on my downtime. I am hoping to find some private land to hunt on so i dont need to buy an out of state hunting license. Maybe within a 3 hour drive of memphis. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
NHLA 187th class, lumber inspector. EZ Boardwalk 40 with homemade hydraulics; Gafner Hydraloader; custom built edger, Massey Ferguson 50E, American Sawmill 20" Pony Planer; Husqvarna 55 Rancher

gspren

Can't speak for all states but in most you still need a license unless you own the land and even then you may need to have a certain number of acres.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

WV Sawmiller

True but some states don't require one for feral hogs as they are not considered game animals. I'd certainly check the regs real good for Tennessee and Arkansas. Good luck.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Pjames

I think Mississippi will require license also.

Texas Ranger

In Texas it is said you need a license if you hunt a field mouse with a stick. :P
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

WDH

You would also need a Psychiatrist.  However, not unusual for Texans :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

etroup10

Thanks for the replies. From what i found online arkansas and tennessee do not require a hunting license for private land hog hunting. Mississippi does though!
NHLA 187th class, lumber inspector. EZ Boardwalk 40 with homemade hydraulics; Gafner Hydraloader; custom built edger, Massey Ferguson 50E, American Sawmill 20" Pony Planer; Husqvarna 55 Rancher

Thank You Sponsors!