iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Crab Sorcerer Was Wrong!

Started by WV Sawmiller, February 22, 2019, 07:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

On 16 July, 2003 while visiting the village of Rhumsiki (Rum Seek e) in north Cameroon a few hundred yards from the Nigerian Border my wife and I visited the crab sorcerer (Look him up on the internet) the village witch doctor there. He offered to tell our fortunes so Becky asked him how many grandchildren we would have. Our kids were still in school and not dating anyone seriously at the time. He talked to his pet fresh water crabs, put them in a pot and covered them for a few minutes and looked in to see how they had moved the rocks and broken pottery pieces around and such for the answer. He told Becky we would have 4 grandchildren but by the time the last one got here she would be walking with a stick. Well, he was pretty much right until tonight. Maybe his crab was having an off day.

A few minutes ago granddaughter number four with older brother making her grandbaby number five arrived. Lyric Julia Breeding (Unless they change  her name in the morning when the drugs wear off :D), 7 lbs 14 oz was born in Charlotte NC. She and our daughter are doing fine.

I have a workshop/demo tomorrow at our Soil Conservation District and no time or way to notify everyone to reschedule so I am loaded and will do that then go babysit our 2 year old grandson and see the baby.

Had to share with you guys the good news.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

lxskllr

Congratulations! Keep Becky safe til you see Lyric! Depending on exact interpretation, things could still go south  :^O

DPatton

TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Resonator

QuoteHe told Becky we would have 4 grandchildren but by the time the last one got here she would be walking with a stick.
Maybe he meant she would be walking with a grandpa who cuts up sticks? 
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Don P

I'd talk softly to a grandma carrying a stick.

WV Sawmiller

Daughter Sharon called a few minutes ago and we could hear Lyric fussing in the background. She has already nursed several times and seems to be a real sassy, pushy baby. She probably gets that from her grandma but I digress....

Everything seems to be going well. Sharon works at the Levine Children's Hospital and worked till about noon, walked across the walkway and they admitted her and Lyric almost got here before her dad. Big brother Quinn is being cared for by a network of close friends and co-workers until Grandma and Grandpa get there to rescue him tomorrow.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

newoodguy78

samandothers

Fantastic news!  Be safe tomorrow and focus on task!  Another catfishing buddy!

petefrom bearswamp

Congrats WV and, in spite of the prediction
Grandkids are a blessing.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

WV Sawmiller

Pete,

Yeah, we have known that for 13 years now.

Sam,

I still need to get big brother Quinn out there fishing. He is 26 months old and still has not been. I figure there must be some law against holding him back that long.

All,

Here she is.

Only problem is that is her daddy holding her not her grandpa. I may need to run out to the barn and finish making another crate of toy wooden blocks to take with me for her to play with.
Howard Green

GAB

WV Sawmiller:
Congratulation and I think you got a little time on the toys.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

samandothers

She is a cutie!  Looks much older than 12 hours.  Be careful on your drive.  Wet and rainy! Hopefully not slick where you'll be coming from.

WV Sawmiller

In the picture she is only a few minutes old. Sharon took the picture with her phone while Chris held her. We got here last night and saw her and have been watching big brother (26 months old) Quinn all day today. He finally remembered us and is having a good time and ate a big lunch and hopefully down for a good long nap so Grandpa can rest up.
Howard Green

hopm

my 3rd grandson was born 2 weeks ago at Levine....very impressive. Could not have asked for better or more sincere care from the staff. Congratulations!!!

WV Sawmiller

OK, we got to the hospital in Charlotte about 9:30 Saturday night and saw Sharon and Lyric.

Grandma Becky first holding Lyric Julia.

Mommy Sharon and Lyric.

Lyric got jaundice Sunday so they put her under a UV light to work on her tan. We stayed home all day on big brother Quinn watch and had a good time with him while Dad spent the night with Sharon and Lyric. We went up saw them Monday and they came in checked Lyric's blood stats and removed her from the light. They got to come home this afternoon. Quinn was taking a nap and about 3:00 he got up and was snuggling with Mommy telling her all about his misadventures with A-paw and A-maw then suddenly he looked over and saw Lyric moving in my arms and he forgot what he was saying. he still has not figured her out but he gets upset when she cries for a diaper change. His whole world just underwent a real big change. Even Sadie, the Golden Retriever is highly excited and all she has had was a sniff of a baby blanket.

Edit: Oh yeah, shortly after we left for them to try to get some routine back in their life. We left Charlotte about 3:30 and beat most of the rush hour traffic then stopped in Princeton WV 9 miles from the Va line and ate dinner at a Cracker Barrel. Becky finally remembered she had not eaten all day. I wonder what got her so confused? :D Couldn't be a new grandbaby could it?
Howard Green

samandothers

Exciting times!  Glad you had good weather for the return trip, no rain!

Thank You Sponsors!