iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Smoked Meat

Started by K-Guy, December 09, 2019, 09:14:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aigheadish

I just bought the little mini-grill or smoker attachment for my barrel grill. I haven't tried it yet but it looks like it should do ok. I just bought a couple hundred pounds of pig too, so I'm sure it'll get some use!
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

DDW_OR

"let the machines do the work"

newoodguy78

That 90-95 degrees for cheese is what I tried for seemed to work well. Anything much over 100 and it goes squirrelly pretty quick.

K-Guy

These are from a week ago. I took the week off to help take care of the wife and get ready for winter and it feels like I was busier at home than work.

I smoked a whole pork butt with cherry wood chips. Before I put it in I injected a mix of orang juice, soy sauce, garlic powder, ginger powder and brown sugar. i used no sauce or rub. After it was smoked 4 hours, I wrapped and finished it for another 4 or so. Lots of pulled pork. The 2 sauces are the difference between me and my wife, Kraft brown sugar for her and vinegar based for me.

After 4 hours smoke

Pulled and ready to eat.

Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

DDW_OR

Quote from: newoodguy78 on January 03, 2023, 03:16:10 PM
That 90-95 degrees for cheese is what I tried for seemed to work well. Anything much over 100 and it goes squirrelly pretty quick.
a thought.
use a working fridge as a smoker.
fridge will keep it cool while it is smoking.
do a dry run with smoke and an indoor/outdoor temperature setup.
then adjust fridge setting till it is 60 to 70
or make a cold smoke generator
"let the machines do the work"

Thank You Sponsors!