iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Clocks

Started by Magicman, December 04, 2020, 12:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Back before "The Knothole" became "Knothole Sawmill" my woodworking hobby was mostly building clocks.  I built well over 100 mostly from Walnut and Pecan and they ranged from wall to mantel to grandfather clocks and sold from $100 to ~$1500.  I didn't have any blueprint or plans, just built them from pictures that I found.  I replaced the movement in one today that was built in 1984.

Yup, I have slept a few times since then.

This is from "Wormy Pecan". 

A few more examples:

Pecan

Pecan

Redwood

Pecan

And Walnut.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bruno of NH

My Pepere' made clocks
I have some of his plans.
Nice work Mr Lynn
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

firefighter ontheside

I like them.  I've yet to build a clock, but I'd like to.  As soon as someone orders one from me, I'll build it.  I'm not much of a build it and then try to sell it kind of guy.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Magicman

Quote from: firefighter ontheside on December 04, 2020, 01:19:54 PMI'm not much of a build it and then try to sell it kind of guy.
Me either.  I built them as they were ordered.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Your clocks are very nice Lynn, thanks for sharing them. I believe our forum host has another fine example. ;) :)

Yes, I have thought about making one to some day. But I do have 3 'chimers' in the house now.....  all running. Two are mechanical, one quartz. What's one more eh? ;)

An old veteran friend of mine made clocks from cypress root. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tacotodd

MM Lynn, some REALLY nice clocks!
Trying harder everyday.

WDH

Love that patina on the old pecan. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

I just heard mine chime 8 times. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tacotodd

Jeff, FF time was 7:27, but you chimed 8. You MIGHT need a re-set, but totally up to to you!🤪
Trying harder everyday.

Jeff

No, your time was, mine was not.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tacotodd

I found what the discrepancy was! NEVER MIND 🤷
Trying harder everyday.

Magicman

Quote from: Jeff on December 05, 2020, 08:27:50 AMI just heard mine chime 8 times.
Quote from: SwampDonkey on December 04, 2020, 03:44:08 PMI believe our forum host has another fine example.

Actually that was the last one pictured. LINK

samandothers

One of these days I'd like to build a wooden clock works.  I have some plans and some maple to use but just have not gotten to the point it is 'the' project I wanna do.

Thank You Sponsors!