The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: MacBook  (Read 2492 times)

Online Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
    • Share Post
    • Knothole Sawmill
Re: MacBook
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2021, 08:40:46 AM »
This is just an update on the MacBook.  I have been using it for 4 months and everything that I said in Reply #32 above still applies.  Without question I absolutely love this thing. 

Yes, I am handling pictures differently now but even that is much faster and more convenient.  "Pages" and "Numbers" are serving me very well as my word processor and spreadsheets.  A bit differently but overall the same.

No, I am not suggesting that everyone nor anyone dash out and buy a Mac but for me, switching was a good decision.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Online YellowHammer

• Senior Member x2
  • Take Steps to Save Steps
    • Share Post
    • Hobby Hardwood Alabama
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2021, 09:05:48 AM »
 smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup

Very glad to hear that MM.  Macs rule.  They just work, and work fast.  

Don't forget about Macs being much more virus proof than PC's.  My Mother just got mega hacked on her not too old Windows PC.  The thieves blew right through Windows Defender, dropped all her firewalls, stole some bank stuff, personal identity, and then proceeded to use that information to attack every single bank account she has.  Police reports were filed, banks accounts were changed, this was a total mess, taking weeks to clean up.

We locked things down, I got the PC back to clean it up, and after just a few hours of working with it, I was reminded how cumbersome it was.  It was like going back to a vehicle without power steering and power brakes.  

Anyway, we talked her into getting a new MacBook Pro, which wasn't hard when she realized that our whole family with quite a large diversity of occupations including dentists, engineers, business managers, nurses, etc had switched to Macs years ago.  The first few days were not easy for her getting up on the learning curve, but as she said, it was more learning how to skip steps than relearning new ones.  She said instead of doing A, B, C, D, E, F, and D like she did with a PC, instead, with a Mac she started at A, skipped all the steps in between and and went directly to step D.

She likes the Mac so much, she switched to an iPhone, and loves that, also, because the Apple interfaces are so similar.  She is 81 yers old.  

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it wont roll, its not a log; its still a piece of tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not pieces of trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, theyre burned, and you cant fix them.  Dont burn the cookies.

Offline SwampDonkey

• Forester
  • Large Tooth
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2021, 04:54:38 PM »
Glad you're having great luck on your Mac. smiley_thumbsup

But, I re-iterate as I said before, I have no issues with Toshiba laptops. They work and do what I need to do. :) Now rebranded as Dynabook, I will certainly buy one without hesitation when the time comes.  Had the current one 8 years now without fail. ;)
No amount of belief makes something a fact. James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

Online Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
    • Share Post
    • Knothole Sawmill
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2021, 10:46:38 PM »
I am chasing one gremlin that may or may not be me.  Occasionally while typing a reply my text jumps to random places within the previously typed text.  I am not convinced that the trackpad is causing it because I have disabled the "touch" option and have to actually "click" the touchpad to move the curser.  I am also careful to not touch the trackpad while typing. 

Maybe someone has an answer for me?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Offline btulloh

• Senior Member x2
  • I never met an air conditioner I didn't like
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2021, 11:30:18 PM »
If it were me, Id get a mouse and stop using the trackpad.  Trackpads are problematic for me. The problem is likely from inadvertent finger or hand contact with the trackpad.  Just a guess coupled with my personal trackpad difficulties. It would at least be helpful to try a mouse while youre trying to figure it out. Bluetooth probably the best mouse option. 
HM126

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter