iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

To laser or not to laser that is the question

Started by DixieReb31, April 30, 2021, 09:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbender

All I know is, I've seen YH's mug in his videos. I can't speak to the laser exposure but I would definitely avoid mirrors with that thing😁
Too many irons in the fire

Peter Drouin

I have no lasers here. Never had one. All my figuring by eye up to 25' 30' out before I need a tape. As my eyes get older and can't  see so far
I just might get one.
:) ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

YellowHammer

Quote from: barbender on January 26, 2022, 12:07:26 PM
All I know is, I've seen YH's mug in his videos. I can't speak to the laser exposure but I would definitely avoid mirrors with that thing😁
I know, it's a curse!  Me, Tom Cruise, Mel Gibson, we all have the same problem, but somehow we learn to cope!

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

jimbarry

I built a laser for mine a couple years ago. It worked for a while on the saw but I mounted it in a spot that I occasionally struck it with piece of my jacket getting hooked on it so I removed it. By that time I became pretty good at reading the log for cutting so I wasn't using it much at all.

If you want to know about what I made, I did a blog post about it then

Saw Mill Laser Installation ? WoodchuckCanuck.com

Durf700

I purchased the same laser that I saw on youtube from the channel sawing with sandy.  I really like it.  I mounted it pretty much like others on this thread by the sawdust chute.

definately easy to see indoors.  I mill inside my barn.  saves me time and wasted materials by not taking off as much accidentally. 

I paid about 150 all in with brackets . 

Thank You Sponsors!