iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A close call yesterday

Started by customsawyer, June 03, 2021, 06:50:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fat olde elf

Glad you survived !  Someone up there likes you.....
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

SwampDonkey

Wow, that's certainly a dicey experience no one likes to experience. Glad you could patch her up and get home safe.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Nomad

That was a really dicey situation.  I'm glad it all worked out with no more damage than you have.  It could have been a lot worse.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

KenMac

Quote from: SawyerTed on June 03, 2021, 09:19:16 PM
Go with LT tires rather than ST tires.  
I agree completely but there are no 15" tires capable of handling the weight of my camper according to my tire store manager. I really tried to find them.
Cook's AC3667t, Cat Claw sharpener, Dual tooth setter, and Band Roller, Kubota B26 TLB, Takeuchi TB260C

Mooseherder

Were there any Goats around when this happened? :D

Crossroads

Dang, that looks familiar! I had the same thing happen on my lt30 a few years ago doing about 70 down I5, but it destroyed the rim too. Glad you kept it all shiny side up. 
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

customsawyer

I saw where someone asked how I got it home. Well I had a storage building with a bunch of stuff in it where the mill used to sit. I had hired a rollback to go and bring it home. He called and said he was on his way about 10 minutes before the tire blew. So I called him and told him to abort the shed mission as I had a more important use for him and the shed could wait. When he got there we were trying to winch it on the rollback and everything we did made it want to tip over. A friend happened to drive by with his work truck, he's a mobile mechanic. We got him in the ditch beside the mill and used his crane on the work truck to lift on the top of the mast and keep everything upright. The tire blew a little after 3 P.M. and the mill was in my yard by 5.

5 minutes after the rollback leaves another truck I had hired pulled in the yard with  my loaders. He would have come up the same road so I had backup all the way around and just didn't know it.

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

K-Guy

Are you sure this wasn't you and Danny in a "Hold my beer I'm going to try something moment" ?

Just kidding, I'm glad you weren't hurt!!
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

WDH

Don't get me involved in this mess.  I am innocent. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Mfrost459

Glad you made it out ok. Kinda strange how the newest thing on the mill failed first. It is amazing nothing else broke loose after so many hours. 
Wood-Mizer LT50 Wide 2021 - LT-40 - 1992
EG-200 board Edger - New Holland Skilsteer - Kubota SVL95-2 skidsteer
Nyle L53 Kiln -  Nyle L200S Container Kiln

Have a great day milling!

Thank You Sponsors!